Friday, December 14, 2012

Very Busy Week

This week has been so busy. I guess that is somewhat expected with the Christmas season, but I seriously don't feel like I've had a moment to blog. We've also had a friend in town visiting this week. I didn't talk to her about posting about her....so that will have to wait.

Mondays are always super busy for me. I teach 2 preschool classes, then piano lessons. I usually don't get done until 4ish. In preschool we are talking about Christmas traditions around the world. Today we did Sweden. That evening we got together with our friend, had dinner, and visited. We was nice to just spend time at home.

Tuesday Brett's sister had asked her dad and brothers to come sing for a Christmas activity at church. She was nice enough to send a photo...I forgot my camera.

Wednesday I taught 2 preschool classes again. We learned about Christmas in Africa. I talked to the kids about how far away that is. One girls' grandparents live in Alaska and her dad is a pilot so they fly there often. I told her it was farther away than Alaska, and she (for reasons I don't know) mentioned she had been to "St. George Washington". It made me laugh knowing that she meant St. George....then added Washington to it knowing about George Washington. That evening we went with our friend to dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory (I haven't been there since my mission, and it didn't disappoint). Then we went to see the lights at temple square. The lights are one of my favorite things about Christmas.

Thursday I worked on making some Christmas presents during the day, then spend the afternoon with our friend. Brett and I had a quite dinner together that night, and put up Christmas decorations....I know that should already be done, but life has been a bit hectic. I love the nativities we have :)

Now we are to today. I did preschool this morning. I got a text from a friend right after preschool, and she told me to not turn on the TV just come with her on an outing. We both needed a trip to a craft store, and I willingly obliged. She told me that there was something horrible happening and it was on every channel. Today there has been a horrible shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut...or so I hear. There is so much sadness it is something I really didn't feel like I could listen to right now. We picked up the items we needed, grabbed lunch to bring home, then caught a show we had DVR'd together. I need to get busy on Brett's Christmas gift (we always make something for each other). I feel a bit behind, but and hopeful to catch up :)