Sunday, June 29, 2014

Trek and Dinosaurs

We had to get Brett packed up for the youth trek Tuesday night. We were working on everything for him until after 10. He had to be at the church the next morning to leave at 3 am.

Brett was gone with the youth of our ward for 4 days walking the same steps the pioneers did, and walking in remembrance of one of their ancestors. They walked many miles and had some wonderful experiences.

One day while he was there I took S to the dinosaur museum. She loved it and everything she got to touch.








This one has to be my favorite. She would go up to see the shark with me but if I tried to put her next to it by herself she would turn and run. 


Trying to excavate dinosaur bones.

I was able to drive up to meet them on Friday. We drove through some pretty intense rain storms on our way up there. We got a hole in our tent that night, and repaired it how we could with duck tape. Thankfully it worked well because it rained that night as well. I didn't feel good about leaving S for the whole trek since Brett has been out of town so much. A good friend offered to take S for the night, so I spent 5+ hours in the car to visit Brett and our youth. I'm so glad he was able to go and build those relationships with each of them!