Sunday, January 25, 2015

Winter Outings

A friend asked me today how this week was, and I thought back on it. It was a REALLY long week. Why is it that weeks that have vacation days sees the longest. Since it was MKL Day on Monday and there was no school we didn't do piano lessons. Instead, we met up with Grandma and Grandpa and cousins to do a little shopping at the outlets and seeing a show together. This wasn't the best pic of grandpa, it was of S...so here you are :)



In one of the stores grandpa had a great time trying hats on S. I love the cute smile she struck with this fedora :) We didn't get it, but she had fun while we were there.


After shopping, all the cousins that live in Utah, their moms, and grandma and grandpa all went to see Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible....at the movies. It was pretty fun, and S really enjoyed herself :)



My sister and the cousins :)


When we got home I put S straight down for a nap. She was so tired and really needed to sleep! She wasn't happy to go down, but zonked out pretty quickly. My dad brought Scarlett this cute outfit. We tried it on as soon as we got home and she was thrilled with it!

The weather this week has been pretty nice. We decided to hit up Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. S loved all of the animals and made sounds at each of them. Even though the sun was out, it was chilly. She was a good sport and didn't complain once :)





That night at dinner her conversation with her dad went something like this:
S shows dad her stamped hand and said "animals".
D: You saw animals today?
S: Yes. Horse. On it.
D: You rode on a horse today?
S: big smiles with a "Yes!" 

I was so proud of her for forming complete thoughts to communicate with her dad about what she did earlier that day. She was also said "horse" instead of "neigh" which is the norm for her. All in all I'd say she had a great time.

We read lots of fun books this week. This is part of a new set of board books we got that she really loves. One of my favorites was her pulling 5 Monkeys and a Crocodile and reading it to me. She did a pretty good job!


We also spent some quality time at the park. It was a little chilly, but she didn't mind at all. We played outside for about an hour and a half. I carried her home, close to tears, since she was completely happy to just be outside!





This was one of my favorite moments with her this week. I pulled this out of her closet (where it has been for years) for her to play with. She has been "mothering" her babies all week. She reads to them, shares her snacks with them, changes them, and puts them to sleep. This is a cradle that my grandparents gave to me when I was 4 for Christmas. It warmed my heart to see a gift from my grandfather who passed away in the fall bring such happiest to my daughter now!