Wednesday, May 13, 2015

5.10.15

We have been taking walks/jogs most mornings. Some mornings she requests to see Nana and Papa (we pass their house on some routes we take) or stopping at the park. Since we had some great weather at the beginning of this week, we took full advantage of spending some time at the park. I love the happiness that swings bring to this kid!


We had cousins come play for a few hours one day this week. Having three little ones made me want to take them all outside for a bit. You can see the somewhat ominous clouds in one of the pictures. We actually started to get rained on on our way home, but the girls were all troopers. 


Often when we go to the park I hear the phrase, "Mom, by you!" I love these moments with this cutie! She's not going to want me by her side forever. I'm taking advantage while I can and enjoying these small everyday moments with her.


We had to run out on several errands one day. I'm not one to typically grab something sugary for her, but asked the teller at the bank for a sucker for her. She was so happy and content to just be my little buddy getting things done.


Lately (at least the past month) S has been requesting "silver one(s)" at meal times. This morning she discovered that she could see her reflection in the back of the spoon. She made lots of faces at herself and watched them in her spoon. I loved watching her discover new things!


Friday we took S's birthmom, Crystal, out to lunch for birthmom's day. Birthmom's day is officially Saturday....but as you'll soon see, our Saturday was WAY to busy for fitting one more thing in. S has a biological half sister that is 9 months who came along with us. We went to Kneader's and had a nice chat. Sadly, I neglected to take any pictures.

Saturday was a very busy day around here. I had a RS brunch that I had to be at to help with my church calling. We had to leave before it was really over to be able to make it to my cousin's sealing (recently adopted) in Bountiful. The family then met up at my sister's home for a mother's day lunch. While we were there my sister, Cami cut and colored my hair. It was perfect for me. I always tell her that my qualification is to be able to put it in a ponytail...which is still totally do-able...and its cool for summer. As soon as we got into the car to come home S started asking to go to the store. No store in-particular...she just wanted to go somewhere. Brett asked where I thought she would like to go. I suggested The Sweet Tooth Fairy (local cupcake shop). As soon as we walked in she ran up to the display windows, turned to us, and started repeating "Wow. Mom, see! Wow!" I made me happy to see how excited this experience made her. It was the perfect choice!

Mother's Day around here was super nice. We enjoyed family time together. Brett took care of cooking for the day. He took time with S after her nap to make a craft for me. She loved it as much as I did. She turned it into a boa and took off running. I love that we have her little hands that I get to keep just for me :) I've made these for her birth parents in the past, but never for us. I'm glad Brett did!