Monday, May 18, 2015

5.17.15

This week was a bit busy with different obligations in the evening for both of us. There were a couple days this week that Brett didn't see S because of him leaving before she woke, and coming home after she went to bed.

We have done really goo going on walks/jogs lately. This morning S insisted on walking too. She walked about the first quarter mile, but then wanted snacks and water...which in my book means its time to ride in the stroller.


Later she insisted on wearing her sunglasses like this. She smiled, looked at me, and said, "Nana do it." S's Nana wears glasses for reading. When she isn't using them she tucks them in the front of her shirt. Scarlett does a lot of things by mimicking what those around her does...this is just one of those times I was able to catch it on camera.


Sometimes when you are watching other kids its easier to just take them on outings outside of the house to avoid the close spaces, whining, and fighting. I had my brother and sister-in-law's twin five year old for 2 days. One of the days we went to two different parks. I think it paid off because they slept well that night :)



Brett and I both had a class to go to Thursday night. My brother Ben was kind enough to come help out. Originally I thought it would just be S, but then I remembered I would have the boys too... thankfully he was willing to take on all three. He put S to bed. I was home early enough to help put the boys to bed. 

The other day I took them to the movies to see Paddington. They were all so good. S doesn't like loud sounds, so there were a couple of time that she would grab my hand or plug her ears. She would also laugh so loud at things. She'd point at the screen and say, "Funny! Funny Momma!" She was a lot of fun to go to the show with. 


We went out to dinner as a family Friday night. We had Chinese food. Scarlett loved every bit of it. When we took off her bib we saw her sleeve saw soaked up to the elbow. She kept pulling it out and saying, "Look mom! Dirty! Wash it!"


Brett on occassion will give S "rides" in the kitchen on a blanket. She brought the blanket to him on Saturday and asked for a ride. Which then turned into her giving her dolls and animals rides too. The giggles that this produced were fantastic. We had a few wipeouts here and there...which just produced more giggles. Oh, how we love her!


"A treat. Have a treat." We had a (yes, just one) cupcake...which S sometimes will call a pancake (something about having cake in its name). She had chocolate everywhere. We took a picture of a somewhat cleaned off face. Such a cutie pie!