Sunday, July 5, 2015

7.5.15

A couple of weeks ago I started taking pictures on Sunday of our family. We didn't do it in our Sunday clothes today, but its still a fun family picture. I'm looking forward to seeing all of these compiled at the end of the year. 


This has been quite the week. S woke up before 6:00 Monday morning. I had planned to take her to Blackhawk Reservoir in Herriman, but was rethinking that when she was up so early. By 8:30 we were out the door headed for the reservoir since she was still really happy. It was SO hot. By 10:30 it was nearly 90 degrees. I sat in the sun sweating all to allow my kiddo to have fun :) It was totally worth it...but next time I'll definitely wear my suit too :) The beach here is pretty perfect, nice soft sand, big enough for lots of people, warm water. What a fun day!



Our niece had a birthday on Monday and we all went over to have dinner and hang out together. S just loves baby. This is her newest baby cousin. She is in heaven being able to hold him and talk to him. She continued to talk to us during the week about "Baby Porter". 


Since the 4th was on a Saturday this year Brett was able to get paid work off on the 3rd. Provo has a great hot air balloon festival July 2-4th every year. We usually go the morning of the 4th, but opted to go the 3rd this year since we could still go as a family. It was so nice, and so much less crowded. I love how much she loved it. There were so many fantastic balloons. I hope we choose to have this family tradition for many years to come!




We chose to stop at Macey's after the balloon launch for donuts. We let S have whatever one she chose...I actively decided to not be the uptight mom. I didn't try to convince her to have a different one despite her having on a white shirt and choosing a donut with dyed red frosting. She loved it and ate it most of the way home. 


The morning of the 4th S wasn't feeling stellar. She went back and forth between wanting me or Brett. We looked at her and saw a couple of blister like things on her hands. Hand Foot Mouth and been going around the kids in our area, and S conked out in less than 2 minutes of me holding her, she crashed on me. I love those moments when I can just snuggle this precious baby of mine. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to have this run its course. It is a miserable illness for anyone to have to struggle through. Here's to a quick mend!