Sunday, August 16, 2015

8.16.15

Grandma had a lot of construction at her school during the summer. She had to pack up at the end of last year and store all of her things in the school gym. We went to her school on Monday to help her with the unpacking and organizing process. S enjoyed a ride on the dolly while we were moving everything around.


We ended up helping grandma until a little after 3. It was hot and we were both sweaty so I stopped for cold drinks for both of us. She picked a cherry icee.


This kid still naps every day so working until 3 was really pushing it for her. Thankfully I saw that she was starting to fall asleep in the car (which NEVER happens) so I traded her for a snack cup before we had a icee mess all over the car.


I hadn't realized that the primary elections had already snuck up on us. S and I stopped to vote while I was out doing errands. She was excited that we both got matching stickers, and was super happy that they gave her a candy as well. 


By the middle of the week we had enough beans on our plants that we were able to can again. S was super helpful washing the beans then helping me snap them into bite sized pieces. We truly feel blessed by what we get out of the garden each year!


Brett came home from scouts Wednesday night and wanted to do something fun together. We decided to run to the store and get ice cream. S was so cute. She started dancing around the house saying, "I cited, I cited (excited)! She picked rainbow sherbet to bring home for our special treat.   


We had a few occasions that found us at the park this week. We went out for exercise 3 mornings and did at least 2 miles each morning. Stopping at Nana and Papa's house or the park on the way home is always a special treat.




We went to see Inside Out at the end of June. S loved it, and still talks about it regularly. She usually refers to it as the "funny show". A friend showed me these books, and I thought they would be great for S. I love how they talk about lots of different emotions and help kids understand what they are feeling. 


This week S has started wanting to help with the dishes. She'll bring her step over to the sink, turn  on the water, and start going at whatever is there. I was gone Saturday morning, but Brett told me that she washed everything and handed it to him to load. I love how she loves to be involved and help! 


We went to the county fair on Saturday with S's birth dad, Tyson. We haven't seen him since January, but it only took S a little while to warm up and start doing things with him. I love that we have an open adoption and that she can see her birth parents as often as will permit. 


petting the pigs


riding on Tyson's shoulders


an airplane ride


and train


big frozen lemonade sitting next to Tyson

It was really hot when we got to the fair and I wasn't so sure that I wanted to do it, but I'd say it was worth it. As Brett was putting her to bed Saturday night she said to him, "Dad, I see animals. I was a cat. I ride a plane. I ride a train." I think she made some good memories.