Sunday, September 27, 2015

9.27.15

My sister asked me a little over a week ago to do pictures for her family. Her husband really wanted some fall leaves so I went out to see what I could find without going up the canyon. Since I had S with me I took the opportunity to grab a few shots of her. She was lots of fun to work with!








you have to do silly faces :)

S has been in love with all of the falling leaves. She collects them and brings them inside (which I'm not such a fan of) and then they slowly crumble everywhere. In honor of her love of leaves we did a little leaf mosaic this week. She had fun gluing all of those colors on :)


I have little tubs of monthly themed books. I pulled out the September set at the beginning of the week. We have read most of the books in there, but this is one that she asks to be read repeatedly. We've had lots of quality reading time this week :)


This kid loves letters, and anything to do with them. She will open a book, put her finger under words, and "read" them to us. She has loved learning her alphabet. I think we have about 8 we still need to do. We practiced her name this week. I made dots and she traced them. She did pretty good for a two year old!



We had friends over one day this week for a bit of time in between mom leaving and dad getting home from work. It has been in the 90s some days this week. We got the pool out and had a great time! I figured we might as well enjoy at least one more time while we still could.






Of course, we had to have Popsicles. "Mom, is my tongue orange?!"

We got together with my sister's family Saturday morning to do family pictures. We went up American Fork canyon to take them. I did her family, then set up the shot for our family and she took it. I think we got some pretty good ones out of it!





throwing rocks in the reservoir 


 
 My mom and sisters that live in Utah got together to go to Women's Conference on Saturday and have dinner together. We met at one sister's house. About an hour before we were supposed to meet she called about a crazy accident with "bad guys" that happened right down the street from her. A citizen took it upon themselves to make the bad guys car stop. My brother in law held down one of the guys until the police got there to make an arrest. The police were still there and taking evidence at the scene when we got there. We all enjoyed dinner together, conference together, and dessert after. I really feel blessed to have family so close, and for the great messages that were shared that evening.



frozen custard

I bought a few things this week to have coordinating colors for our family pictures. I couldn't pass these up for S. Glow in the dark skeleton jammies are amazing to a two year old. She really had no clue what they were in the store, but when we got them home and went in a dark bathroom she started dancing when she saw herself. She is SO much fun! She is already talking lots about Halloween and her costume :)