Sunday, October 4, 2015

10.4.15


Sunday evening called for a nice walk (or bike ride) over to Nana and Papa's house. S is more and more confident on her bike and goes father distances while balancing. We try to go out several times a week :)


trying to "get dad"


our serious biker

We purchased season passes to Cornbelly's. We hadn't ever purchased them before, but thought we'd try it out this year since we were able to get season passes for $25 (half price) plus a daily pass is $15...so if we only go twice it has paid for itself. They have tons of fun things for little people to do. S had tons of fun exploring. I'm thinking we'll have several fun evenings there during this month.


bouncy animals


a dress up corner


going down a giant slide with mom


minions...she was intrigued, but too scared to begin with


a giant spider web

I thought it would be fun to paint some Halloween things. I took S with me to the Wood Connection. She picked out the pumpkin she wanted. She did a pretty good job painting it herself. 


S is so kind and thoughtful. She got me a pillow and blanket and said, "Mom, you laid down on the pillow. I read you a story so you go to sleep." She then proceeded to read Pancakes, Pancakes to me. Such a sweet little soul!


S and Brett had a special treat on Wednesday evening. I told Brett how S had work with me during the day, and identified all 26 letters. He asked her to do the same with him. We have a leapfrog toy that has all of the letters. When she identified one, I would remove it until she had identified them all. I would either ask her "where is __?" or she would pick one up and I would ask, "What letter is that?" We are super proud of her. I know it's totally not normal for kids to identify them that young (a little shy of 2 yrs 9 months), but it has been something she has been interested in and we try to foster those interests. 


This weekend was the anniversary of my grandfather passing. Thursday we took a drive up to see my grandma. It has been a really hard year from her physically (a few falls and several surgeries) as well as emotionally. It was nice to just spend a few hours with her and make some memories with S. I love how they read books together. This grandpa held such a special place in my heart. I shed many tears this weekend. So much has happened since he passed. It makes me long even more to be able to sit and talk to him about it. One day we will.


A few weeks ago my sister-in-law texted and offered us their football tickets for Friday night as well as watching S. We had a great time together. We haven't been to a football game in ages. It was a fun game to watch as we sat through the rain. Thankfully the rain only came in spurts :)


S loves to play super heroes...her favorite being "Super S". She will bring capes to us and have us join her. Today it was, "You be Super Daddy!" I love how Brett gets so into things with her!