Sunday, March 13, 2016

3.13.16

This is one of the funniest things that happened this week. I seriously laughed, and was informed by this 3 year old that "It is not funny!" So, here's the story. S got a little matryoshka for Christmas, and she has really loved them. I was making dinner one night and she came to me in tears with something like, "Mom! My baby is stuck! My baby is stuck!" It took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about. Check out the right nostril. I'm just glad she tried it on the monkey and not herself!


This week we had some pretty good weather. S and I worked outside getting some of the needed yard work done. She took a pretty decent shot of mom working :)


I have loved how light it has been getting while we have been exercising in the morning. We were able to see some pretty great sunrises this week. On the same note, I am totally bummed by daylight savings! Starting Monday we get to exercise in the dark again :/


With the nice weather and week we took time to go to the Farm. Riding the horses is always her favorite. It was really fun to see the brand new baby lambs and goats too. I think we may need a visit up to see Aunt Ashley and ride horses with her. S would be in heaven!


S was the victim of a toddler having a little fit while we were at the farm. It left her in tears. It was right before we went to see the ducks. I often bring a quarter for food for the ducks. I forgot today. Add the tears caused by the other child to mom forgetting quarters and it was pretty sad! The sweetest grandma came up and handed her a quarter as she overheard our situation. I'll call it a blessing in the form of a grandma that someone was thinking of us!


We have had lots of bike rides this week. On Friday we went on a ride to see Nana and Papa. She loved riding her bike there, and playing for a bit. We actually ended up having breakfast with them...well, S did at least. I had already eaten. She had too, but she was happy to gobble up anything that Nana made for her.


We decided to hit the Children's museum Friday right around dinner time. It was SO nice. It wasn't super packed with people. We were able to hit most everything there, and she had a huge breakthrough. She went exploring in the jungle (aka huge contained playground, 1 in, 1 out) all by herself. She tried out things she had never done on her own before. We were both so happy for her! I love that they have these little doors made at the entrance especially for the little ones.



vet office with dad

We were able to attend the baptism of my nephew on Saturday. It was nice to have so much family together! We were only missing my brother's family. It is kind of fun to have a family photo of all of us now. It is amazing to see how much we have grown. We have one sister that is expecting in June too, so we'll be due for a new family picture (with everyone) in the near future.


Of course we had to do our weekly family photo. I love how her personality comes through so much in the second one. I'm really looking forward to compiling all of these at the end of the year.