Sunday, March 27, 2016

3.27.16

We have have some super cold days lately compared to the beautiful weather we had a week or so ago. Monday we were able to go play at the park. We met some friends there and spent a few hours. It was a good way to get wiggles out, and be happy on one of the few days we knew would be good weather. Sure enough, we had snow the next day.


S had has a lot of fun with pretending lately. She put all these little princesses out and had them "go to the ball". She helped each of them dance. It is pretty fun to see her imagination at work.




We had some friends over this week. First it was dress ups, then they all wanted to go to school, we played outside, and made Easter crafts. I love how many little friends S has around here that she can play with. It is a really great area to live in! I have lost count of how many little girls we have that are her age, but it is alot!



I think it was Thursday evening that we got around to dying eggs. Brett had scouts on Wednesday. We bought tickets weeks ago to go see a play at the elementary school on Friday night. Saturday we were committed to doing yardwork at Nana and Papa's house, and I had a General Women's church meeting that evening...so if we wanted to get it done before Sunday Thursday was the night. In case you can't tell, she had a great time doing them!


dying eggs with dad


enjoying one of the eggs that split open

I'm not going to go as far as saying it was warm enough to ride bikes, but if you put a coat on it was tolerable. For this kid though, anything to be outside and ride her bike is good! She has this bike down! She is totally ready for pedals. My brother has one that he offered to us months ago, I just need to take a drive up there to pick it up. With how well she can balance on this one I am sure she will have that down in no time.


We went with some friend to see the play Annie Jr. on Friday. S has this "friend" Ella (10 yr old that she sits by during choir practice on Sundays) who had the lead in the play. She is really friends with her little sister, Claire (in the picture), and talks about her often. We also had several other kids from our neighborhood and primary class that we were there to see. They all did such a great job. S majorly got the wiggles at one point because of no nap for two days (completely of her own making), but said that she liked it. I told her we needed to look nice to go see the play, which we kept describing to her as singing and dancing. She told me that she needed to wear her special flower dress. Hooray for grandma's and clothes they buy just because.




"flower dress" picture we had to send to grandma

We decided we wanted Easter Sunday to be a day focused on Chirst. So, we chose to do baskets Saturday morning, along with our neighborhood Easter egg hunt. One family in our circle has been sponsoring it for at least 10 years. We all fill eggs, write our last name and "prize" on the outside of any that we want to give out to others as prizes and take them to the given house. That person gives all the prize eggs to different homes, but you get your own eggs hidden in your yard by volunteers. So, Saturday morning we had prize eggs for three different homes (since that's how many we gave) that S got to go collect. She got things like a can of soda or Yoda candy dispenser. I love our little circle and the fun things they do!


crown and necklace from her basket


hunting for eggs

We spent a good chunk of time at Nana and Papa's house doing some major yard cleanup on Saturday. There was weeding, tree trimming, hedge clipping, garden prep, ornamental grass cuttings... the list goes on and on. Their home is on about 1/2 acre, so you can imagine how much landscaping there is. I went home around 1 to put S down for a nap. Somehow in all of the work this is the only picture I got...two cute little cousins reading books together. 


So, this is the fun dress that I bought for S for Easter. We went shopping together (S and I), and I wanted to let her pick. There were tons of Easter dresses, and she continually came back to this one. Have I mentioned that she loves green?! It made me happy at how much she enjoyed it. I had several people at church tell me how much they loved it. One friend who knows us well commented on how she loves that we did green for her, knowing of her love for the color. She definitely isn't your Pinkalicious girl. I think if I could find enough green girl clothes, she'd wear them everyday.




weekly family photo

We have started somewhat of a tradition that my family did as kids, Disney's Sunday night at the movies. Back in the day that was a thing on TV that we would all enjoy together with popcorn. Tonight we opted for Monsters Inc. I love watching her about as much as I love watching the show. 


Our tripod (minus the camera) was still set up from family pictures and S started pretending that she was taking pictures with me. I told her if she was super careful dad could help her do it. So, they aimed it together, set the timer, and she ran to jump in the picture with me. Below you have the result :) Such a fun kid!


S-ism this week:
-S singing "happy family" and suddenly stops, looks at me, and says, "Mom. We are not a happy family anymore?" I ask, "Why not?" She responds, "Because Dad is not here!" (he was at work).