Monday, May 23, 2016

5.15.16

We took time clearing out our office space so that we could add some built in cabinets. S was pretty cute shining her light between the baseboard (helping me) remove the baseboard so that we could have the cabinets flush against the wall. 


little helper

We went over to visit Noelle before she had to start back in classes. She had picked up this adorable dress for S a few weeks before. She loves it. As soon as she put it on, she squealed, "It twirls!!" It was so thoughtful of Noelle to think of S.


So, I had this day that didn't start out great, and just ended up going down the tubes. We headed out to pick up our mower from the repair shop. I get there, and they don't open for another 30 mintues (I drove 15 to get there, so there was no way I was just going to go home). I ended up taking S to a nearby park. Sadly, she had on flip flops and she was not happy shortly after getting there with wood chips stuck in her shoes. Thankfully once we made it to the wooden platforms, all was well. At least until I followed her through a little kid sized tunnel and smacked my head pretty good on my way through. 


queen in the beehive

After our little wait, we made our way to the shop...only to find out that the mower wouldn't fit with the boxes (really heavy 200 pound boxes) that were in the back of the car. No one was available to help quickly, so I unpacked them from the car piece by piece and went back to pick up the lawn mower...again. Blah! Thankfully we got it home without much problem. I had a friend who could stop by to help me unload it. Heaven knows my yard was in bad need of a mow and I wanted to get it done! I got about half way done before I ran out of gas. At that point I needed to put S down for a nap anyway. I was able to take a little breather. A friend texted to meet them at the park, and after my morning I was totally happy to! We ran to grab some gas on the way home from the park. S had been really good through everything, and I grabbed us a slurpee while I got gas. We came home, and I worked to finish mowing the lawn. It was a little after 5 when I finished...kind of. After one tank of gas the mower wouldn't start again. I was SO frustrated! We had plans we all needed to be clean for. I showered, bathed S, Brett got home, then we started to figure out dinner when my sister-in-law, Kerri, called. She was at my in-laws home and needed tylenol for her 1 yr old. We were headed there shortly, but she ran over anyway. This was the kicker of my whole day. The only bottle I could find had a tiny hole for a syringe. I couldn't find a syringe small enough to fit in the hole. Ugh! The last syringe I found pushed that part of the cap farther into the bottle. at that point the only option I had to to push it all the way in to access the medicine. So, I take a butter knife to push the plastic in to get to the medicine. The knife apparently was sharper than I thought. It was SO painful. It bled like crazy! Brett was able to butterfly it together. It has continued to be sore for the past week plus. Anyway, crappy end to a crappy day. 


Brett's first aid skills at work


our weekly family picture