Monday, May 23, 2016

5.8.16

Seriously. In the past 3 plus years I haven't gone this long without blogging. Life has been a bit hectic and I have been occupied with so many other things. Ugh. So, I'm going to give this a shot and see what I can remember from the past three weeks...

Brett was traveling from the 3rd to the 8th. We definitely had some challenging days as well as some really fun days. I am really grateful that I am not a single parent...for more reasons than one! At the end of one of those really long days I had to take this picture. She is such a precious little girl! I wanted to just pick her up and snuggle her, but I didn't dare for fear of waking her.


I had a rather long day later that week, and was hugely disappointed when I opened the door to pick up a package we had ordered from foster care only to find it totally cut open. It was sitting on my front porch, hidden behind our column, and someone had come and cut it open. It was maddening! It felt like such an invasion of privacy. To say I was mad might be an understatement.

We went up to visit my sister and her kids (visiting from Idaho), and my parents while Brett was gone. We spent one full day, and went home the following. I miss our kids being able to get together so much. S and M are only 3 weeks apart. Maybe one day they'll make their way back to Utah so we can see them a bit more often.  


a wiggle car together


cousin fun


treats with grandma and grandpa
 So, some nights when I am on my own I opt to let S choose her own dinner...because it doesn't seem worth the fight to eat a "mom approved" meal. This night (only night we did this) her choice was "Super S" cereal, raspberry lemonade, green olives, and applesauce. Yum ;)


dinner of her choice

The day before Mother's Day we got family together at my sister's house for a barbeque. Then we all just hung out afterward together. It was pretty cute to see all the toddlers gathered around grandpa in their bedroom reading books.


Brett got back Mother's Day afternoon while we were at church. He actually picked S up from nursery and brought her home to help make a fun sign for me. After dinner we went over to his parents for some family time too. It was pretty cute watching S play with her closest cousin in age on Brett's side. Empty the toy basket and turn it into a little wagon for this guy. So fun!


S and P


family pictures while Brett is gone