Tuesday, July 8, 2014

18

S officially turned 18 months today (July 7). It's 10:37 pm and I am just starting this post. I can assure you I will not be finishing it tonight. I am WAY to tired for that. I want to make sure that I get down all those things that I completely love about this kid, as well as things about her at this age.

We are SO, SO blessed to have this sweet baby in our lives. She truly is the most perfect baby there could be. Meltdowns are few and far between. She is happy day and night. She is the love of our lives and has brought so much joy to us. We love her birth parents, Crystal and Tyson, so much! They gave us such a selfless gift that we can never repay. We will love them forever!

She  has at least 10 words that she says. She is becoming a very good communicator in so many ways!

She loves both of us and at times makes it very well known who she would prefer to be with.


She is happy around the clock (that's not new thought).

She loves to run.

She has the most contagious laugh. I laugh when she laughs, which causes her to laugh again.


She loves to ride in the baby jogger while I run (or try to).

She loves music, and asks for music to be on multiple times during the day by twisting her torso and putting her hands in the air.

She loves to dance. She has multiple toys that make music that she loves to dance to.


She loves water in its many forms: pool, bath, rain, sprinklers... I love the look of pure joy in her face in this one!

She makes me happy in SO many ways!


She loves all things freezer temperatures...especially ice. I think she gained a love for this from her several trips to California. She eats it by the cup full. I love this Popsicle face! She has the last two inches of what she was working on in her mouth.


She loves books, and has several that she will request when she wants to be read to. Tonight when I read to her at bedtime we read Guess How Much I Love You. With each of the different things Little Nutbrown Hare does she does the same thing. It warms my heart. She is SO fantastic! 

Tonight, 30 minutes before bedtime, she looked at me and said, "night, night" then went to the baby gate and started shaking it. I followed her lead, grabbed her milk, and we went upstairs to her room. She picked a book to read and went to bed quite easily! I love how she is learning to communicate.