Sunday, September 21, 2014

post dated

Yes, I am backdating this post. I did't get around to writing up a post for last week, and honestly lacked the desire to make it up during the week...so here we are.

S asked to ride on her bike one day this week. She doesn't ask to often so I jumped on it the first chance I got. She was pretty cute trying it out on her own.



We had a spur of the moment trip to The Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point. I was dying to get out of the house. This was a great answer :) I love that they did finger painting while we were there.


Feeding the rabbits


She loves these great wheelbarrows!


Dress up to be on stage :)


The dancing hall


Finger Paint!




She was SO excited to show this to dad!

This past weekend we spent at a company retreat for Brett's company. I took some notes in my phone about S and the cute things that happened on our way. It's a good thing I did too, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to remember them...I'd forgotten some of them by the time I reread my list. We stayed at Zion Ponderosa Ranch. Brett's company paid for the majority of the trip. It was a great vacation as a family!


On our way to play mini golf


a horned toad


Our hike to an overview of Zion's


S enjoying being out of the baby hiking backpack


Thanks, Jess, for letting us borrow this!


She has really grown to love swings :)


A ride in these barrel cars...she hated it as they were leaving...


....but obviously had a great time by the time they were done.

Here are some fun things to remember about our ride down there:

  • she only slept for one hour and it took us about 6 to get there
  • she keeps herself entertained. She did not have any electronics and few toys to play with...she's a great traveler!
  • Before we even got to Beaver she started saying, "Out! Out!"
  • As soon as we got back in the car she started asking for food. We should've planned better...it was 5 and she really should've eaten at that point. As it was we had to wait until we got to Panguitch.
  • Brett got out of the car in Panguitch to check to see if a resturaunt was open, and as soon as he closed the door S started saying, "Buckles! Buckles!"
  • We ended up eating at a fun local pizza joint. They had pasta too so I knew it would be a huge hit with S as well. She ate a TON!
  • As soon as we got back in the car after dinner S started pretend snoring. Brett and I both started to laugh which caused her to laugh and continue pretend snoring.