Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving and Christmas Prep

We decided to start our week out by getting our Little People Nativity out for part of family home evening. S loves Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus. We have multiple child friendly Nativity sets, and S loves each of them!


S loves blocks and building. She asks to play with them on a daily basis. She talks about the colors as she builds. S is getting to be quite a good builder, and is balancing blocks well. Sometimes she wants to knock them over herself and then wants to knock over what I've built too :)





We spent a bit of time putting up Christmas lights. S loved to be a helper and watch what we were doing. By the time it was dark and she got to check things out she sat on the front step and repeatedly just said, "wow...wow..." She absolutely LOVES Christmas lights!


S has been carrying around Mary and Joseph all week. She'll call them Mary and Joseph or Mom and Dad. This night she took them, she had them holds hands. She looked at us and said, "Mom, Dad hands." She also had them kiss too. As Brett and I watched it and talked about it, it made our hearts happy that she relates those things to what moms and dads do.


This is one of the only pictures I have from Thanksgiving. I guess I kind of just feel weird getting my camera out at the dinner table. Thus, this was dessert after. We brought a chocolate cake layered with peppermint infused whipped cream, covered in ganache. To say she loved it might be an understatement. I sat by her, and she kept saying, "more....help you...more." This picture was in the midst of that. The arm reaching out toward you is her with her spoon.


The day after Thanksgiving we went up to visit my family. We left early Friday morning. It was probably one of the easiest drives up there ever with all the crazy people that felt they had to hit the stores for Black Friday. S talked all the way there about her cousins, mainly Maci. They loved playing together while we were there. I love how much they love each other and how happy they are together.


While we were there Cami did my hair for me, and she gave S her first haircut too. She was so cute as Cami took a few snips :) I think she does a great job. I'm grateful that she's willing to spend part of her vacation time doing hair for our family.


We wanted to get a Christmas tree this weekend since Brett was home, and we wanted to enjoy it for as long as possible. We have bought them at Home Depot the past several years. This year was no exception. It was fun to watch S walking around the trees and feeling each of them :)


She was so careful to help us with the breakable nativities as we got them out on Saturday. I have one that is similar to "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" book as well as the Willow Tree set.