Sunday, November 16, 2014

Visit with Birth-Mom, Crystal

 This week I started working on this project for our ward for Christmas. It was a lot of work, but my brother and his girl friend were kind enough to come and help me. I was SO grateful!! It would've taken me days to get done what the three of us did in one night :) I think they turned out pretty good!


We spend a day up helping S's great-grandma (my grandma). With grandpa passing she had a lot of things she wanted to go through. My sister's family also came to help which I really appreciated because it gave S someone to play with. We were there until after 4:30 and stopped to say hi and have dinner with other cousins on the way home. S didn't get to have a nap, and was out cold within 10 minutes of getting in the car :)



I stopped  a few places looking for Christmas items this week. I found this gem while I was out. I LOVED the chapter book for years, and always read it to my students when I taught public school. I found this as a picture book, and was thrilled to get it for S. I hope she loves it as much as I did.


We had a huge change in temperatures this week. S asked me to turn on the fireplace have have blankets on more than one occasion. Then I, of course, had to sit there with her and enjoy the fire :)


Sometimes dads are just so much more fun than moms. Brett came home from work early on Thursday with donuts and we made hot chocolate and sat by the fire. I had started dinner earlier in the day, and was finishing up homemade bread for dinner when Brett got home. It was a pretty great end to our day :)


We have been working on learning colors for the past little while. I love this toy I bought while teaching preschool. You use giant tweezers to sort colors into bowls. We killed many birds with one stone: sorting, coloring, and fine motor skills. I was pleasantly surprised at how well she was able to use the tweezers. 


We were able to see S's birthmom, her husband,  and half-biological sister on Friday to have lunch together. S absoluetly loves babies. She kept saying "hold her, hold her" during lunch. I love that we were able to catch some of the cute moments with her!




S with her birth-mom, Crystal.