Sunday, March 1, 2015

Laryngitis

I swear, normal spring weather cannot come soon enough. I started to get a cold mid week (if you can say started since the cough hasn't gone away since December). I finally ended in laryngitis today. I guess I really should count my blessings because I used to get it on a regular basis (for a full week annually while teaching school).

I just looked back at pictures from this week. They have something to be desired. Maybe because its' been SO much colder that we've been inside a lot more, and not done as many notable things. Looking back it just seems like Blah!

We went car shopping last Saturday, and somehow the key ended up in Brett's pocket...which meant that I had to take it back to the dealer on Monday in between piano lessons. We grabbed lunch with Brett since we were passing by anyway. We ate at an Asian restaurant. S was obsessed with a cat they had sitting on the counter when we walked in. She kept turning around while we were eating, wave her arm, and say, "Hi, S!" It made us both smile watching her. 

We made dinner for a friend who was sick that  night, and were going to go on a walk. S insisted on this hat, and kept repeating "Grandma made! Grandma made!" She requested to wear it multiple times this week :)


A hat from Grandma :)

One day S got up after a really short nap, and I really wanted a nap. I was beat! So we laid down together...don't let her fool you. She is very much awake!


pretend sleeping

We went over to visit S's aunt one day this week. They have lots of animals (4 I think). S loved their dog, and came home repeatedly calling her dog Meg (their dog's name). She would bring it to me saying, "Mom, touch it. Meg. Soft."


S's "Meg"

I was pretty convinced that S just had a blocked duct. It had been a bit gooey for a few days, but one morning she woke up and it was both eyes. I immediately called for a doctors appointment. Turns out it was pink eye. We have been washing hands lots, and she has had to have drops 4 times a day. Honestly, its been a lot to keep up with. We have to do it for a week. I will be grateful when we're done!  


Entertaining herself while we waited (45 minutes...ARG!?!)

S and I had a little us time while Brett worked on the bathroom Saturday morning. S despises loud noises so it made sense for us to do a little something before nap time. We opted to paint fingernails. She was pretty excited! 


fingernail painting prep

We also spent some good quality time with family on Saturday. It was my dad and nephew's birthdays this week. We went up to my parents. My sister rented a bounce house for the kids, and had a movie going as well. There was something all the kids were happy to do :)