Sunday, February 22, 2015

Short Weeks Seem Longer

Why is it that the weeks with Monday holidays seem so much longer. Since I only work on Mondays it created a lot of extra time for me! Brett has been without a cell phone since before Christmas, and I thought I'd take advantage of this time to go get him one. It wasn't as easy as just going to do an upgrade because he wasn't due for one for another year. So, we bought one, and won't have to renew a contract next year and will be able to drop our rate. I bought a used one from a place in the mall. Honestly, it was a huge ordeal. The guy at the store couldn't get a discount code from a manager that he needed to give it to us for the advertised price. S kept running away, I felt like complete garbage...and we still had more errands to do. S wasn't phased at all...she'd had a great time, but I was at the end of my rope. I was SO grateful that in the short drive to our next stop I was able to see things like she did, regain patience, and enjoy the remainder of our outings together.

We don't let S watch TV or have screens often. We had started watching Mary Poppins Sunday evening. She and I were finishing it late Monday afternoon when Brett came home from work. I love how they just snuggled up next together while they watched and she had her snack.


One morning this week S was eating breakfast, then scooted back and kept pointing at the door saying, "Mess! Mess!" And insisted on helping clean up.


I love how she loves to help.

We have been really lucky to have extra mild weather again this week. S and I did at least 2.25 miles (somedays more) 4 days this week. She enjoys our exercise, and I love having time together outside :) I promised her we would stop at the park on the way home one of the days. That was he perfect ending for her!


She's becoming a pro at using the bars to walk up the stairs.

I made stew for dinner one night (which Scarlett loves). She has begun instructing dad, at any meals, to "Move Over." She will lay her head on his arm or chest and continue eating her dinner. It has been really fun to watch their relationship grow and develop since he has been home this year!


We, of course, have our play time everyday. She has really come to love these trains that she got for Christmas. It's interesting how the toys you just pick out without preplanning is sometimes the most well loved present!


trains!

We got a package this week that came with bubble wrap. She calls them "pops" and kept asking for "pops". The really funny thing about this is she hates loud sounds. She would ask me for "pops" then very quickly cover her ears. I loved bubble wrap as a child. My dad would often receive computer parts in the mail and I would instantly start popping them. This wasn't my dad's favorite thing because "What if I have to return them?" 


"pops"

She loves her little Daisy and Minnie on scooters (which she calls bikes). This is a pretty fun gift her birth dad gave her for her birthday/Christmas. She is pretty particular about who plays with them. She will give Daisy to anyone to play with, but Minnie is always hers!


Daisy on her scooter.

Saturday we took an outing to go look at a car. It has been something on our list for quite a while. We have looked a few times. We have narrowed it down to two that we would be happy with. We found a pretty good deal on one that we wanted to check out, but it required a bit of a drive. She was out shortly after getting in the car.


Zonked out!

It had been a long week, and I was really ready for a break from reality by Saturday afternoon. Brett suggested a movie, and I was happy to oblige. Since S doesn't watch TV much and doesn't really get into movies we usually go to a fairly cheap one. I'd heard good things about Annie, and S like singing and dancing so it was an obvious choice for us. There were parts that completely captivated her, but others that she could've done without.