Monday, June 22, 2015

6.21.15

S has wanted to wear the infant sized headbands she has found that I haven't gotten to packing away yet. She was with me at the store and found toddler sized ones...it seemed like the perfect answer. I was also curious how much curl her hair would hold with a little effort. We just did a little mousse and spray gel. She was really funny. She asked me what the white stuff was and I told her mousse. She had on her shirt from Tahoe with a moose on it and said, "Mom, same same."


We were out doing errands for a little while one day, and S was fantastic. By 11 it was in the high 80s, and I decided that meant time to have snow cones. We had our first one of the season (it took us way to long) and she was definitely a fan! 


S has started insisting on being tucked from head to toe in her flannel blankets when she goes down for naps or to sleep for the night. The only flannel blankets she has are the ones that I made for her when she came home from the hospital. To say that she has outgrown them might be an understatement :) I dug through fabric that I had and only had to buy one more kind of fabric to make this for her. It's still in the process, but with any luck I may be able to finish it this week :)


S and I took time one afternoon to make this love sign for Brett for Father's Day. S loved painting her hand and feet for this. I told her it was a present for dad and I was going to go hide it for him. As soon as Brett walked in the door S said, "Dad, I pain a foot. I paint my hand. Love dad! Hide it! Love Dad!" Which was my signal to go upstairs and get it for him. He loved it...and Scarlett has continued to talk about it everyday. It's already hanging in our kitchen :)


Wednesday was a bit of a rough day for our family. Brett wanted to lighten things and just have fun together as a family. We stopped for our (mine and S's at least) second snow cone of the week on the way home. It was the perfect way to distract, have fun, and get on minds on something else.


Thursday we had to Foster Care training to do. I hired a babysitter and we left. S was so cute the next morning. The first person she asked for was Harmony (her baby sitter). It went something like, "Mom, Harmony go?!" When we got to our meeting Thursday night I had a bad feeling that they might already have marked us down for this class. I checked before we started, and they did. Blah! We figured since we had already hired a babysitter we might as well make the most of it. So, we went on a date. It was just what we needed! What a happy mistake :)

My sister ended up coming down to Utah to visit unexpectedly. Most of us met up at a Splash pad in Davis County. There were a good amount of kids there. S was not a fan of all the noise, and walked around with her ears covered for the first 30 minutes we were there. I love how good of friends she is with her cousins. We are happy we were able to spend so much time with everyone. 


S and Sa


S and M....she really misses her!

We had invited my side of the family here for a barbecue Saturday afternoon. Ivan and Dad had gone to Sundance to do the zipline there. Jessica and kids, Grandma, Ben, and Holly all hiked Stewart Falls. They took a long time on their hike and were a couple hours later getting here than they anticipated. We grabbed a picture with grandpa and all the kids that were there. It was fun to see them all surrounding him :)



We planned on making snow cones with the family here. Grandpa also brought popsicles. Then there was the great debate which didn't last long. We told their kids if their parents said yes, they could do both...which most kids did. I just love that we are able to get together now and then. S always talks about all of them after they leave too :)


I have a couple of friend who take a family picture each Sunday. I liked the idea, and thought what a great way it would be to see our family through the year. Yeah for the selfie stick :) I just need to learn where to look ;)