Sunday, June 28, 2015

6.28.15

She loves being a super hero. She has asked that dad is one with her as well. She loves running around and pretending to be anything as long as it involves a cape and dad wears one as well. 


For Father's Day I wasn't totally on top of it with dessert, so we had a pleasant surprise. I had bought strawberries earlier in the week, and googled how to make pound cake. It was a perfect dessert. We were surprised at how well it turned out :)


We got her this bike almost a year ago. We finally took it outside on the walking path. She did amazing and is already starting to balance on it. If you can't tell from the picture, she LOVES it!


A friend invited us to swim the morning of my birthday. They live in the condos across the street and have a pool there. We were also watching some neighbor kids and thought that sounded like a great way to entertain them for a few hours. I am so glad we did :) It was cool, Scarlett laughed and laughed. I'll have to take her more often!

For the past several years my mom has taken me out for lunch and shopping on my birthday. I had a sister in town so it became more of a family event. S was so excited to see M again!

best buds

lunch with mom
Last year I decided that I wanted snow cones for my birthday instead of cake. I opted for the same thing again this year. We may have a new family tradition :) S loved them and talked about them in the car all the way there. I got a blueberry banana combo and Brett did orange pineapple with cream. We had a great time together as a family! I truly feel blessed!



Since my sister is in town and we don't see her super often we have done a lot of things together. Wednesday my mom put together a "Grandma Day" at the zoo. I was a bit leery because it has been so hot around here, but there was a nice breeze much of the time, and enough shade here and there that we survived. It was fun to have so many of the kids together. I kept S awake all the way home so that she would nap. She ended up taking an almost 3 hour nap. I had to wake her up a little after 5. Poor kiddo. She was worn out!


all the cousins who could make it


Polar bears usually aren't very active when we are at the zoo, but that day was definitely the exception. He was up, walking around, and swimming. That night at dinner S told Brett all about it. She even acted it out for him :) 


all the girl cousins


Aunt Heather is so fun to play in the water with the kids!

All of our cute kiddos measuring up to the apes

 She has loved this bike so much. It has been nearly a daily occurrence this week. It makes me happy that she loves it so much. It could be a great option for being healthy in our family :)


I got a call from my mom Wednesday night that my former roommate from before I married Brett had had surgery and it hadn't gone well. She has cancer, and they had gone in to remove it. She was in recovery when she started bleeding internally and had to be rushed back in. I was grateful that my mom let me know, and that I could take the time to go see her. I found it funny that even though there are 13 floors, there is no 13 in the elevator. Apparently some people really are superstitious. 


We took a chance and stopped by the Children's museum....mainly it was to meet up with my sister's babysitter who was there. I needed to get her race packets to her. S started saying, "Seum. I go! Mom, I go a seum." I couldn't just drop them off and leave at that point, but we also didn't stay more than 30 minutes. There were just WAY too many people!


Top: dress ups videoed in front of a green screen Left:doing the laundry. She's big enough to spin it all the way around now Right: our blurry selfie :)

Several family members chose to participate in the American Fork 5K and Half Marathon. Jessica did amazing, finishing the race in 1 hr 50 minutes. I'm so proud of her. There were lots of feelings involved with this race that I really feel deserve their own post. I'll try to make that happen soon :)


those who raced


The whole fam

 With her love of water we had to play in it :) We opted to get her pool out from last year. She had tons of fun getting everyone wet. The water is way colder than I would've preferred, but she sat it in and just had a grand time. I love seeing the excitement she has in the water. It seriously makes me enjoy it more :)

We decided to try out a new little place for dinner Saturday. They had great reviews on google and we figured it was worth a shot. We went for sandwiches and burgers and ended up being pleasantly surprised that they had Dole whips too. We will definitely be going back. It was all super delicious!