Sunday, October 18, 2015

Halloweening

*warning...lots of pictures this week...

We have done all sorts of fun fall activities together this week! One day we had 3 different places to be and do things. It was a bit crazy, but she is loving all of this Halloween. I have spent a good chunk of time getting her Halloween costume made for her. She has been SOOO funny about it. Anything we see that is Halloween related, "Mom, looks it's for my kitty cat for my Halloween." So, thanks to everyone who has decorations out for my daughter for her Halloween. You've made her month!


"helping" cut out her costume

We spent some time Monday with Nana and Papa taking care of a broken sprinkler head. Brett has been pretty swamped at work. I'll be honest and say that I was pretty proud of myself for fixing a sprinkler correctly in a system I knew nothing about.  


mid fixing :)

For family night we had a 2 yr old sized lesson followed by this little activity. She thought these pumpkin finger puppets were pretty great, and played with them most days this week. 


I got her up from her nap one day with her costume half done. She was SO excited to try it on. She hates loud noises, but was happy to sit by me at the sewing machine while I worked on her costume. 


her "kitty cat"

We went to a pumpkin patch party put on by a mortgage company. They did little washable tattoos (she had to get a kitty cat), donuts, hot chocolate, pictures, and pumpkins. 


On Thursday I met my sister and her family and as part of their Christmas gift I took photos of their family. I shot a few of S while I was at it. She is such a cutie! We went to Gardner Village to take them. It was fun to see all of the witches out with their Halloween decor there :)








 



We had a friend move away a little while ago and we went to meet up with them at a park after we had seen my sister and family. 


S had never done a tire swing before. The giggles that came out of her from this experience were awesome! We'll have to see if we can't find one locally to do!


I finished her cat costume during nap time one day this week. This was the response I got. Followed by, "Mom, feel it. I'm a kitty cat. I'm so soft!" She sat there touching any part of my skin she could find showing me how soft it was. 


We do a bedtime routine together every night. We read 3 books. sing 3 songs, say prayers, then I leave and dad sits with her in the rocker for a bit. One night this week I heard over the monitor, "Mom, thank you!....Mom, thank you!" Unsure of what she was talking about and not wanting to interrupt things I didn't do anything. Then my cell phone rings. It's Brett calling me from his, 
"S wanted to tell you something. (enter S) Mom, thank you for making my kitty cat." 
Me, "S, do you want me to bring the bring your kitty cat up for dad to see to?" 
S, "Yes!" 
She's such a sweet little soul.

We bought season passes to Cornbelly's (local fall/Halloween activities place) when they were half off. We only have to go twice to make it worth it, and we've already hit that. They have tons of fun activities for kids to participate in. 


duck races where kids pump the water


Noah's arc playground area


minions, "Mom, I say hi to them!" No fear this time!


riding a school bus

This was likely her favorite part! It is a huge white tent filled with corn (like the animal feed kind). She rolled around in it, pretended to swim in it, had dad bury her in it. So. Much. Fun! I will say that I was finding corn for days. It was kind of crazy. 


We had our neighborhood fall carnival on Friday (thus the need to get the costume done). They had tons of fun games/activities to do together. 


"candy walk"


"don't snitch from the witch" aka don't eat pete


kitty cat

 I love how these two love to read books together. This is a "new to us" Mercer Mayer that we got. I believe it's called The Wizard. The illustrations in it are fantastic!


Saturday we had a fun family day together...S's favorite was probably this trip to the park. I think this kid would live at parks if she could.