Sunday, November 15, 2015

11.15.15

S had insisted that we take balloons to daddy's office for his birthday. She was pretty cute to watch picking things out, and insisting on carrying them out to the car. What a cute kiddo! She got up Monday morning and said, "It's daddy's happy birthday! I see it coming...over the mountain!"

We try to do things that people love most for birthdays around here. Brett's favorite are cookies. S insisted we have cupcakes since it was a birthday. So, we made cupcakes for S's benefit and cookies for Brett. It was a pretty fun time celebrating together!


We have seriously been working with apples and making applesauce. I have a friend who needed a hand. She has 5 kids, two of which are newborn twins. We did applesauce together last year and I offered to help her do it again this year. She came over for about 2 hours (as much as the babies would permit) and it took me about 8 to finish things up with her. We got 21 quarts for their family. Brett and I worked on ours on Saturday. We ended up with a total of about 45 quarts for our family, plus were able to do some for his parents as well. 


My sister had Veteran's Day off and wanted to get together. We hit up the dinosaur museum, went to lunch together, and then went up to the outlets. She had some things she wanted to pick up for her kids for Christmas. We looked, but didn't get anything. These two had a lot of fun together. I love that she has cousins to play with :)


water table play


the giant shark

My sister's kids had Friday off of school so she took the day off to spend with them. We went to the farm at Thanksgiving Point together. Since we have a pass S can have unlimited horse rides while there. The giggles, and joy that little horse ride emitted was priceless. She kept petting his mane while she was riding him. Such a cutie!


For Brett's birthday I gave him a night away. My sister took S after we finished up at the Farm. I took advantage of my time to clean the house, and get things packed up for us. We spent the night in downtown Salt Lake at the Hilton. I had bought a groupon that included one night plus $50 food credit to the hotel restaurant. This was one time that Brett's traveling last year paid off.  Because he had diamond status with them we got access to the executive sweet on the 18th floor (which had a great view), free drinks and appetizers with dinner, breakfast for only $10 (normally $40), and free parking. I'm so grateful for my sister and willingly taking S. We had such a great time, enjoyed downtown...Brett's still mentioning how great it was and how much he enjoyed it. Sometimes I am at at loss as to what to do for birthdays...but this was obviously a good choice!


Saturday night while we were getting S ready for bed she could see the temple out the window. She asked, "I go to the temple, please?" I told her it was too late since it was bedtime, but we could go the next day. It somewhat sufficed for the moment.

At breakfast Sunday morning S requested hot chocolate (pretty common these days...I think a mug might be making its way onto her Christmas list)...I had to take a picture of that mustache :) Notice that nice goose egg on her forehead, she was playing at grandma's school on the playground. According to her she was standing on the slide when it happened. Poor girl!


Sunday was a bit rough at our house. S was had a small fever so Brett came home from church early to put her down for a nap. He gave her ibuprofen and she slept about 1 1/2 hr. She woke up from her nap with a swollen eye. We are starting to wonder if she is allergic to ibuprofen since that seems to be the only possible link we could find. Add that to the goose egg and she looked like quite the site. Since we promised her we would go to the temple we headed out. She was SO excited and kept talking about Moroni, going there someday, "We got sealed there", and "Our family is forever". I love that sweet girl! It is amazing how much she soaks in! 


Mount Timpanogos temple