Sunday, November 8, 2015

11.8.15

We went in with 2 friends and bought 1/2 ton of apple seconds. Most of them are very minimal as far as spots or things. They haven't been to bad. So far I have done about 2 bushels and gotten 28 quarts. We went through 30 quarts last year so, we wanted to have more than that this time around :) S was very helpful putting the cut up apples in the bowl as I sliced them. She was also my quality control. She would take a bite here or there and let me know if they were any good ;)


my little helper


our last quart

I bought a box of fruit loops solely for the purpose of S making a necklace...which she thought was pretty great, especially when I showed her how she could eat them while wearing it.


making her necklace

We were supposed to meet with an expectant mother (someone considering placing their baby for adoption) Friday night for dinner, but she bailed. Since that was our plan for dinner and I had nothing else ready we ended up going out together to Se Llama Peru in Provo. This really cool guitar shop was right next door, and was fun to look at before we grabbed dinner. We love trying out different ethnic restaurants, and S is always a trooper trying new things. I love how happy she is to try new things. 


We have weekend tickets to BYU basketball. We had our first exhibition game on Saturday night. We were supposed to meet up with my brother and his wife, but he had major car troubles. Sadly, it'll have to wait until another day. We didn't stay for the whole game, but the part that we did S really enjoyed and cheered for. 


Brett's family had a tradition growing up that they got to pick what they wanted for breakfast, and they always had purple cows. Brett chose biscuits, eggs, and sausage. I forgot to buy grape juice for purple cows, but we had OJ...so we decided to try that route. They actually were pretty good. Brett told S last week that his birthday was coming. She got up Sunday morning, looked out the window and said, "Dad! I see your birthday! It's coming!"


birthday breakfast


opening presents

S took throw pillows, laid them on the floor and told Brett, "Dad, I made a bed for you. Come lay down!"