Sunday, December 6, 2015

12.6.15

We had a very busy week this week. We had something every night from Tuesday through Friday, so Monday was our only chance to get a tree. We had to meet Brett on his way home from work, but it was great. We picked something out rather quickly and there were no meltdown in the cold :) We have bought our tree at Home Depot for the past 3-4 years. They had a fun painted cut out this year for customers to take pictures in. So fun! 


S and Dad


S and Mom

When we got home S helped cut the netting off the tree and had a great time of it. She was total hands on getting the tree up :)


I have a friend that I am so grateful for. We have been going walking every morning at 5:45 since the beginning on September. I checked the temps one morning, and it was only 16 degrees. It was SO cold! Here's to hoping we'll have some warmer mornings in the near future...meanwhile I'm so thankful I have a concerned husband. He did some reading up and got me to order some of the best rated "leggings". I don't do leggings, but they are marketed as a "warm layer"...which means that I have been comfortably warm since it got so chilly :)

Tuesday evening I had a class for my professional development credits I need to keep my license. I went to a workshop on Normal Rockwell at the Museum of Art at BYU. They have a fantastic display through February, and I really learned a lot from it.

We got out lots of Christmas things this week. This is a super cute finger puppet nativity that a friend was selling. We have 5 kid friendly nativities, and S is thoroughly enjoying all of them :)


Sometimes you have to take crazy selfies together while playing in the jungle at the Museum of Natural Curiosity. The day we did this was SO fantastic! It almost felt like we had the place to ourselves. It was a great experience all around.




hanging like a sloth

My dad took a day off this week and asked if we wanted to hang out. We went to a special store doing some Christmas shopping. Grandpa wanted to go to lunch together, but it wasn't quite that time yet, so we went to a mall close by. Grandpa found a cool candy store. He walked around with a bucket and let S pick out anything she wanted...within reason (aka no atomic fireballs). She was in heaven! 


Grandpa thought that S would love going to Chuck A Rama. It's not my favorite place, but he thought she would love picking out whatever she wanted...so we went...and she totally did. Especially since there was ice cream involved.


ice cream with grandpa

Friday night Brett had a primary party for the kids he has been teaching this year. They are really great kids. We did home made pizzas and a movie at his parents house. They have a theater in their basement, so it just seemed to be the perfect place :)

Saturday started off great! We had bought tickets for a kids production of A Christmas Carol at 10 that morning. S did really well. She got a little scared when Marley came in, in chains but just asked Brett to hold her. For the first several years of our marriage Brett and I went to a production of it in Salt Lake. This was a great middle ground. I was impressed with how well the kids did. I would definitely do it again.