Sunday, February 14, 2016

2.14.16

This hasn't happened in ages, but I am actually starting this post on the date I listed. I'm sure it won't get finished tonight, mainly because it's been a long week and I'm tired. Hopefully tomorrow though :)

It has been a long go trying to get her room put all together. She has a few big pieces that we were debating where to put in her room. It required us unloading and reloading a bookshelf, along with a dresser and a few other things. Thankfully we are finally about there :) She loved all the books and wannted to look through the majority of them before they went back up on the shelf...which meant a much longer process, but lots of fun reading!



A few we read together: I Wanna Iguana, The Red Ripe Strawberry 
and the Big Hungry Bear, and Silverlicious

We woke up to a horrible inversion several mornings. The first one we just snuggled down and watched Horton Hears a Who together...at her request. Of course we had to take a selfie of our snuggle time!


She has been such a big helper with dinners lately. If ever I am chopping or stirring she thinks that is automatically her job, gets out a butter knife, moves her step over, and jumps right in. I love making these memories with her!


The nasty inversion that has gone on way too long!


We went to the Children's Museum with some friends this week. This rope bridge is at least 30 feet in the air. Unless people know her, they have no idea what a big deal this is for her. She is a very timid child, and has never done something like this without insisting to hold my hand. Her friends were going and she just followed right along. Huge win for going with friends!


On Friday she woke up and I told her that Valentine's Day was almost here. Her response to me was, "Can I please make cupcakes for my friends?!" Of course we had to. I love how she would talk about each friend as she would decorate one for each of them. 
 

Of course we have our weekly family picture. I'd say it's much better than what we were able to get out of the little one last week :)