Saturday, February 13, 2016

2.7.16

I can't believe that I never got to blogging last week. It was a crazy week. As it is, I am starting this post while Brett calms S for bed. We did the whole nightly routine together, but they always have about 20 minutes with just them to talk at bed time.

So, with little recollection going back that nearly two weeks at this point, it looks like it will be a week in pictures with little commentary :)

We started off the week with a cold, February day. When lunch time rolled around I asked S what she wanted for lunch instead of giving her choices between a few things. She requested "drop soup" (aka egg drop soup). I found a pretty quick and easy recipe online. It was a huge it.


We went that  night and picked up a new bed for S that we had decided on the previous Saturday. She really loved helping to put it together.


This was before it was all even totally done, but she had to try it out. New bed, new room, new blankets. She is loving it. She keeps thanking us for painting her room green. I'm just glad she loves it so much!


We have been trying to have healthy habits around here. I started about a month ago making green smoothies (which the thought of has always grossed me out), but thought it might help. I always put greek yogurt in them so there is a good protein. They have been a great thing for S. She loves them! She calls them her "special drink" and now expects one in the morning. She is usually ravenous when she wakes up, even if I have breakfast ready downstairs. Apparently waiting to walk down the stairs is just too much! So, instant gratification in bed has been a good answer.


Often as she drinks she insists on sitting a reading books. I want her to love reading, and am totally happy to oblige. 


We needed some mom and S time (we had had lots of friends over the previous week), and thought just getting out ourselves was needed! I love our pass to the museums. She chose the dinosaur museum, and we had a good time while we were there! That dinosaur she is sitting on is something I have usually had to coax her to do in the past (usually unsuccessfully), but she willingly jumped on herself this time.


Snow. Lots of snow. I lost track of how many times, but we shoveled a lot this week! I'm not going to complain about it. I feel like it comes with the territory of living here. I'd just rather look at it than play in it (or shovel it)!


If you ask S she would say we went to the "Go Cougars! game". She usually does pretty well, but this night she was kind of restless. It's been fun to go with my brother and sister-in-law.


And here you have our weekly Sunday picture. You can tell how well Sunday morning was going. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. 


S's form of entertainment while most grown ups were watching the big game at Nana and Papa's house last week. We go more for the company and fun food together than the game :)