Sunday, February 28, 2016

2.28.16

We got this beautiful afghan from my sister this week. It was our Christmas gift from her, and she worked on it for nearly a year. We love it. It has already gotten lots of love! 


A toddler in overalls and pigtails is one of the cutest things! Lately she has asked for, "Two big tails." It is SO much easier to get her hair up in ponytails that it used to be, and we don't have to use any bobby pins or barrettes. She has worn them most days this week :)


Our local movie theater does a $5 ticket all day long on Tuesday. We went to see Kung Fu Panda 3. S had some good laughs...not our favorite, but truly a fun time out together. I love that we have time to enjoy these little moments together!


We had quite a full day Wednesday. My dad's birthday was on Thursday and we weren't going to be able to catch him because of a crazy schedule. We ended up leaving home around 9 to go get treats and go see grandpa. Great grandma was on the way, and I haven't seen her since before Christmas so we decided to pick up a treat for her too and drop in. She had about 45 minutes for us before she went visting teaching. Then we went to see my dad. He works in a secure office so we had to visit outside. We gave him the fun treats that we had picked out at the store. Grandma sent me a text about joining her for lunch, and I thought "why not?" So we did. We stopped to try to find swimsuits on the way home, but it was a bust. I counted my blessings that she still took a nap even though it was a bit later.

We are loving this beautiful weather. 




Friday started off with an unexpected emergency trip to the pediatrician's office. S had been sitting on a stool eating breakfast. She stood up and told me that she was all done. I saw that she had milk left in her cereal bowl. I asked if she wanted it, and she said "Yes!" She bent over to pick it up and somehow the milk went flying and she landed on the floor. I picked her up and moved her to the kitchen sink to clean her up and assess the situation when I saw blood on her hand. I start examining her face and see that her chin is cut open pretty good. I throw shoes and socks in the diaper bag, put on my own, stop by a friend for a second opinion, and head in to our pediatrician's office. It was deep enough that she needed stitches. She was a brave little girl and didn't cry at all.




I promised her a special treat for being so brave. She wanted ice cream. We were lucky that my parents were in the area, so we went out with them and my sister's family. Those sunglasses were fixed to her most of the weekend :)


She had an aunt and uncle stop by with some special treats for her to help her feel better. She loves having people come over. I'm not sure what she was more happy about...seeing them or the things they brought her.


And...we have our weekly family photo. It will be fun to see these at the end of the year. I sure love this little girl's personality!