Thursday, April 7, 2016

4.3.16

We have had some crazy cold, snowy, rainy weather this week. S was dying to be outside, so despite the rain she went out and did sidewalk chalk. She tried to convince me, but was unsuccessful.


One morning this week she requested to go to the dinosaur museum literally from the moment she woke up. I love how much she loves dinosaurs and that she requests going there. We took time while we were there to go to the sand and water table as well. She was not impressed with the level of dirtiness she ahieved. It is nice to live so close to so many great places!


checking out fossils


very sandy hands from the sand and water table (I love her "trying to be mad" face)

Those very large tractors/bobcats were working on a retaining wall for about a week (largely because of all the rain). S was SO mad! She said to me, "I'm so sad the tractors are there. I can't go to my Nana's house anymore!" I am loving the things the she come up with!


My parents picked up these pretty cool teeter totters for all of the grandkids. We actually saw them in an add when we were up at my parents house. They were on a pretty good sale, and we were going to pick one up for ourselves, but they were not open while we were there. It was a bit chilly the day we got it. S helped Brett build it in the kitchen, then we all went outside and played together. It is pretty great because it rotates as well. The teeter totter has been so fun. Friends have loved it too. There has quickly been a circular pattern worn in the grass. We move it around every few days to that we can easily maintain our grass.  


helping to put it together


trying it out

 This was one of the funniest things to me this week. S is always SO excited when a package comes in the mail. She thinks the best thing in the box is always the "pops". She popped the first one and it was so loud it startled both of us. S then assumed the position in the picture below and tried to plug her ears with her arms while popping it with her hands. When that wasn't working she asked me to plug her ears for her so she could pop it. What a silly girl!


We had a pretty beautiful rainbow one evening. S was SO thrilled. She was convinced that it was there just for her. She kept saying it was there for her. She talked to Brett on the phone  and told him all about the "beautiful rainbow". 


She spent some time Sunday morning rediscovering potato bugs. I loved how she watched so intently, and let it crawl on her hand and things. What a fun little thing to spend some time doing. 



As we were eating dinner S picked up the ipod and started typing on it. She told us, "I'm writing Ben a note." Brett asked her, "What does it say?" Her response, "I love Ben. I love Holly."


Occasionally we have very lazy nights when it comes to dinner. This night we opted for waffles...with ice cream. This is something that I first had many years ago at my aunt's house. S ate SO much. I'd call it a successful dinner. 


We needed to burn some energy off Sunday evening. S loves to ride her bike, so we just walked with her. She was quite content to just go and go. It's about time for us to upgrade her to a pedal bike. 


Since it was a non-traditional Sunday for us I totally spaced pictures. So, we made up for it Monday. This was the best we could do :)