Tuesday, April 19, 2016

4.10.16

I didn't get around to blogging before we left on our trip...so here we are. Mostly a week in pictures. We'll see if I can remember a synopsis.

My sister's birthday was on Monday and she was heading to Thanksgiving Point gardens with her kids. She invited us to go along, and we were happy to oblige. S loves spending time with her cousins! We all stopped to have ice cream together after our outing to the gardens. 


enjoying the shade


feeding the fish


enjoying the aroma garden

 We celebrated this day...10 years. It is hard to believe it's been 10 years. We've had an eventful 10 years, and there isn't anyone else I'd rather have spent it with!


Brett was called out of town on business Friday through Sunday. There was plenty I could've done to get ready for our trip, but we went to spend time with grandma and grandpa instead. 


flying a drone with grandpa 


reading bedtime stories with grandpa

I loved this moment. We had talked about our anniversary a lot this week. S went for a little walk around grandma and grandpa's yard and picked dandelions. She then came up to me and said, "I have lots of flowers and now I am married!!" She loves looking at the bouquet from my wedding, and always comments on them in the pictures. 


Some of my favorite S-isms recently:

-I want the banana with sprinkles (aka brown spots) when requesting one.
-S was listening to a song, and they sang the word "gospel". There was an instant freak out. She started dancing around, "Mom, it says Cosmo! It says Cosmo!" (from seeing Cosmo at the BYU basketball games)
-S had a hard time napping this week. She laid in bed one day singing away. Suddenly I hear, "The wheels on the bus say, I love mom. I love mom. I love mom."