Tuesday, April 26, 2016

4.24.16

This week was a hard one to come back to to adjust to reality. We had scheduled a home study through Utah Foster Care for Friday. We already have a current home study done through a private individual that is effective through next month to be able to adopt, but the state does not accept private home studies and has a different list of qualifications that you have to meet...thus a list of stuff for me to work on this past week. Blah!

After we got home she wanted more braids in her hair. We spent about half an hour, and added quite a few. She loved them, and insisted on them being in until I insisted they were washed out on Saturday.


We spent some fun family time together playing memory...as per S's request. We played several rounds before she was done.


One of the many projects I conquered while Brett was at work to meet Foster Care home study approval. This was much more work that one would have thought, but we nice to get something handy done on my own :)


Yet another thing I installed this week to meet foster approval. All chemicals have to be in a locked cabinet. Our pesticides, spray paints, fertilizers, etc... all together in one place.


We had our home study on Friday, but a friend needed someone to watch her 2 yr old while she had something at school with her kids. I debated whether or not I really had time to, given all the stuff I needed to finish and have tidied up but have a really hard time saying no. So, we spent about 45 minutes at the park. S was such a good friend. She helped to distract him when he wanted his mom, insisted on being the one to push him in the swing, and just play. I wish so much that she could have that little play buddy all the time. I feel like we've been on this road for ages. I wish the time would pass faster in that regard.  


swinging


pushing her little buddy

I had to get a picture of this cutie in her Jamaica shirt and braids. I loved it! It was a little sad to take them out that afternoon. We got dressed that morning without checking the weather...it had been so nice since we got back that we were doing shorts and t-shirts. We were going on errands and I had to run back in the house to get sweaters because it was so cold. It was quite the little reality check for me. We had been so used to constant temps everyday that this drop was unexpected to us.


We have our usual Sunday family picture. S wanted to be the photographer. I love how she would turn the camera and frame Brett in. She also insisted on setting the timer and running to jump in. 


little photographer


just her

She was quite grumpy about not wanting to get in a family picture with all of us. So, I set the timer and ran to sit by Brett. She decided to be funny, and ran to jump into the picture. She found herself quite funny. I love the way it was captured!




We went over to see Nana and Papa on Sunday evening. We had S ride her bike to wear her out a bit. Before we left she played through the window with her littlest cousin. It's lots of fun to watch them together!