Sunday, June 12, 2016

6.12.16

S loves to call dad on the phone and just talk to him during the day. One morning she found a highlighter that she knows Brett uses to do his work. I love how excited she was! She called him and told him all about it, and was so proud to show it to him when he came home that night.


Brett has talked for ages about wanting a bike. I wanted him to have something that he would love. We have looked, and I have looked on my own. Brett has really short legs so it's a tad tricky trying to find a bike that would work for him. I found what I thought would be the perfect fit based on his height. S was almost as excited as Brett was to unpack this bike. Needless to say she was up a bit past her bedtime helping dad put together a bike. 


Potty training this kid has been quite the long road. We have only put a diaper on her at bedtime and nap time since September. She hasn't really had any accidents since then, but also has refused to go poop in the toilet. She just waits until nap time or bedtime when she has a diaper on....and I am SO over it! So, a few weeks ago we started leaving her in underwear and majorly pushing a sticker chart with lots of treats and rewards involved! This week was huge for her. When she earned that final sticker we immediately went to the store to find the toy she's been pining over. Complete happiness right there, people!


I was cutting up a watermelon the other day and I was excited to share with S one of my favorite memories that my dad did with me growing up. I gave her the end to eat right out of like a bowl. She was in love! Yum!


Brett had to go on a scout camp out on Friday night, so we went to spend some time with my sister, Jessica, and her family. We grilled dinner, the kids played outside, and we had a good chat. S is really lucky to have cousins a bit older than her that are happy to help her with things. They pushed her around in a car, pushed her on a swing, and just had lots and lots of giggles together. 


Jessica and James


coming home from cousins

I love seeing the relationship between these two. I love how she just snuggles in. She places his hand exactly where she wants it. They are such good buddies, it just warms my heart! 


Last, but not least, our weekly family picture. Not too shabby for a photo at the end of church...S's hair was still somewhat intact, which I'll consider a minor miracle!