Sunday, June 12, 2016

6.5.16

We ended up having my sister's family come over for a barbeque on Memorial Day. It would've been perfect if the wind had been a little less. Multiple plates were blown over by the wind. With some of our diet restrictions I've had lately we went out on a limb making a non-dairy, no sugar chocolate ice cream. It was SO good. I think we'll have to make it again soon. Scarlett was a fan!


chocolate ice cream

We had some friends invite us to join them going up in the canyon for dinner one evening. It was SO nice. They are new friends to the neighborhood, and it was good to get to know them better...too bad I forgot to pull out a camera.

We took a spur of the moment trip on Friday to go see grandma and grandpa. It was an added bonus that we got to see cousins while we were there too. I feel like we had a picture like this not too long ago with these 4 cute kids. I love that she has so many cousins close to her age!


Avery, Corbin, Scarlett, Maci

Scarlett loves grandpa. It was fun to see them just snuggling together watching a show. They chose to watch Minions. Scarlett really likes that one...largely because Scarlett is a character in it. I, however, am not in love with it for that same reason...I don't want her to love the villain. Maybe that's wrong, but it's just kind of my sentiment.


We ended up going out to dinner for Thai food with my sister and one of her kids. Scarlett and James loved the Satay chicken. What a fun dinner date! The kids had fun together, and it was also some nice adult time!


showing off her chicken


playing with their chicken sticks

We went shopping together for flowers to plant together on Saturday morning. We all helped to pick things out. I love how Scarlett took charge of that wagon and took it everywhere we needed. She's such a good little helper. I love this kid!



And...we can't leave out our weekly family photo!