Sunday, July 17, 2016

7.10.16

We spent the evening of the fourth with these guys...and a few other family members. We did a barbeque at Nana and Papa's house. It was fun to get together with everyone. I love how S has so many cousins that she loves to spend time with...no matter the age :) Aubrey (he one holding S) leaves on a mission soon. She'll always hold a special place in my heart. If she hadn't been in my third grade class it's quite likely I never would have met Brett.


This kiddo wasn't feeling well. She told me we needed to snuggle on the couch. It had been a few days so I felt like we needed a doctors appointment for her. We ended up snuggling for a bit and going in for a doctors appointment later. She had a sinus infection. Meds helped her to feel better super quick! 


I won't say that Brett and I caught it from her, but we both got sinus infections as well. We were all on antibiotics for 10 days. Brett felt better immediately. It took me a few days...and loosing my voice in the process. 

We ended up meeting grandma at the church history museum with cousins at the end of the week. They all played and had a good time together. I loved watching S discover things on her own. 


"lifting a stone" at a quarry


playing with tanagrams on a light board


playing in a water fountain with her cousin

By Saturday we were all mostly feeling better. We ended up taking a good chunk of time taking care of our yard....mowing, weeding, berry picking. There's always lots to do when you're a home owner :)


mowing with dad


dead heading a rose bush

We needed a bit of a fun time after all the work. Dad took S and his new bike on a spin around the circle. I love the love she has for being active. Sometimes the 100 degree temps put a damper on things, but other than that we love the outdoors!


Occasionally we get a non-formal Sunday family picture. Today was one of those days. Happy Sunday from our family!