Monday, July 4, 2016

7.3.16

This week we picked up boys from a foster family that we did respit care for from Sunday night to Wednesday night. They were 5 and 7. I wasn't sure what to expect, but thought it would be best to keep things busy and have outside time since it has been pretty nice. 

Sunday evening they had a lot of energy they needed to burn off. We had dinner with my some of our family, and they were running all over creation. We got home right around bedtime. They needed a lot of reassuring from Brett that no one would break in, and he would protect them. Between them getting up to use the bathroom in the night S waking up in the night, we had a VERY long night. They woke up at 5 am. Brett told them they needed to go back to sleep for 2 hours. I went exercising, and Brett started getting ready for work. At 6:00 they couldn't find Brett so they knocked on S's door. Needless to say there was lots of grumpiness on Monday. 

Monday we spent a good chunk of the morning at the park, then went swimming with friends in the afternoon. It was a very busy day, but paid off with everyone going right to sleep that night! The little guy ended up falling asleep on the 10 minute ride home from the swimming pool.

Tuesday we went to the LDS Church History museum in Salt Lake. They have completely redone it with new displays and everything since we last went. They had a great kids area for the kids to play. Then also hit up one of the visitors centers there, saw lots of displays, and took time to see the Christus as well. We had a picnic outside while we were there. 





Wednesday started out with all sorts of fighting...mostly among siblings. I let everyone know that we were going to go swimming that afternoon, but it would only happen if there wasn't any more fighting. Given how the day started, I'm sure you can guess how things progressed. The morning was nice and overcast. We spent several hours at the park and had lunch with a friend. At one point in the afternoon I was asked when we were going swimming. I informed everyone that given behavior that wouldn't be happening. It was sad, but a good way to learn a lesson. 

Wednesday late in the afternoon S was acting really tired, she started fevering, and just wanted to be held. She hadn't drunk much that day, and looking back I think she may have had heat exhaustion. We forced lots of liquids that night and the next day. It helped so much and she was quickly back to normal. I was exhausted from the week. By the time I dropped off the boys, got S to bed, and sat down I didn't make it long. I fell asleep at 8:30 on the couch. 

I have to think that things would be quite different if they were our foster kids. They would have a normal routine at our house, things to do and play with, regular outings, etc. I did more with the boys here in three days than I typically do with S all week. I'm ready for a very low key week this week! 

Last, but not least for this week...our family photos. She was a bit crazy. I love the fun pictures that we get with her cute personality :)