Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Bit Better

I know that I am not the only one who has this problem, but I sometimes have a hard time walking away from my phone. If it wasn't for trying to adopt again I'd totally ditch the smart phone. I have tried harder this past week to put my phone on the counter and just walk away. I need to be able to focus on S and not have all the distractions. She is so precious to me and I want to not miss these amazing moments! It's also been a week that I've been trying harder to focus on fitness. I have felt better and definitely felt the differences when I haven't done as well. I didn't have anything to drink before church today and by the third hour I was a bit light headed and opened S's water bottle to steal from :)



Our daily workout to be healthy :) She loves our runs and is motivating to me!


Trips to the park this week...multiple times :) She now asks for the swings instead of being scared of them :)


Seriously, this kid is the cutest!



Finger Painting...a first for us. She really enjoyed it.


More time on the swings :)


While Brett was off on Friday we took a trip up to Odgen to go to the temple open house. There is always such a great spirit there! S was great and kept pointing to pictures she saw saying, "Jesus". Which comes out more as "Zeezus". When we got to the tent about things in the temple afterward there was a very large Christus. Scarlett and I stood and talked about him. She looked at me, pointed to the statue, and said, "Jesus, hug!" and crossed her arms across her chest. It was the sweetest thing!


We decided to have some outside time and enjoy our beautiful weather before bed. S had been requesting bubbles, so that's what we did. She would hold the wand up to her eye and say "See you." 




Our beautiful Saturday outside. S has a couple balls that she loves playing with outside. This one was a gift from grandpa. It has been worth more than he paid for it. She's gotten a lot of use out of it.


S was a great helper while we were canning on Saturday. Here are the pickles we were getting ready to process :) We got TONS done yesterday. Pickles, green beans, nectarine jam, and raspberry jam...all produce coming from our backyard. It is such a great feeling that we have been able to produce so much on our own!

 Our finished product. We did get more beans than that, but I had already put some of them away before I took a picture of everything :)