Monday, August 18, 2014

Lately

I freely admit that sometimes the only way I can remember what I did during the week is to look back at photos I took. This week is definitely no exception to that.

On Monday we had a friend invite us to go swimming with them in the afternoon. I'm pretty sure anything swimming is Scarlett's idea of heaven. She LOVES the water! We didn't finish up until after 4:30 and I was beat. My sister told me that Firehouse Subs does free kids meals on Monday night so we had a date :) I couldn't resist taking a picture of this cutie.


One day this week we just played with trains for a while. When she decided she was done she started singing the clean-up song as she put pieces back in the box. Thanks to some great nursery teachers she loves helping clean up :) 


She has started doing one of the cutest things. She "pretend sleeps" at any moment during the day. I was sitting on the couch when she crawled up, snuggled in, and started snoring. I have no idea where she got it from. She really hasn't seen us sleep, and doesn't watch TV...thus, the mystery.


Monday through Thursday this week we went for jogs. Some mornings were earlier than others...depending on when she woke. There were several mornings that we saw some beautiful sunrises, but this was the only one I took out my camera to catch.


I have been sewing maxi skirts like crazy to raise money for our next adoption. We had several that we needed to drop off close to my mom's school so we made the most of it. We had lunch with grandma and hung out in her classroom for a little while. I love how happy this kid is!


We had a really long day and had to pick up a package for dad from FedEx because they had to many attempts at our house. Sonic was right next to them and it was happy hour. I couldn't pass it up...but I know I didn't want to share so I got her her own. She was in heaven as I did a quick trip through Costco.


We took some time in the late aternoon and just played outside with sidewalk chalk and bubbles. Brett was successful a few times in getting her to blow bubbles on her own :)


This had to be one of my favorite moments of the week. Brett and I had picked raspberries earlier in the day. By the evening there were more that had ripened. Scarlett was outside with us, pointed at them, and pretty clearly said raspberry followed by please. She continued pointing to each of the ripe berries she could find and asking please. She is the absolute best!