Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Hero To Me

This man has held such a special place in my heart forever. We shared a birthday. We both loved ice cream and peanut butter (not together). The past few months we both enjoyed Frosties together...it was one of the few things he could tolerate eating towards the end. I made sure to get him one whenever I visited. We both enjoy yard work, and making our homes more beautiful. He taught me so many things that are important to me in my life. He had such unconditional love for others. He saw great importance in doing family history work. He supported missionary work. He supported the welfare program of the church even when he had not yet been baptized. He always showed great love and respect for his wife and said what a lucky man he was. He served others. He had an active lifestyle. He had so much gratitude for things done for him. He has the best attitude of anyone I know. If I could find a way to duplicate it, I would.

He was the grandpa who would always play with us. He would always do cartwheels for the family talent shows. He was the guy you watched Jeopardy with who would answer  the questions before the contestants. He will always hold a special place in my heart. Because of you we have been changed for the better. You are missed!