Sunday, February 8, 2015

Early Spring

This week has been unusually warm. We are not complaining. We have spent time at the parks as well and nice jogs outside. I feel like we have had something going on almost everyday this week, but I also made sure to take time to just be with S despite whatever else might be going on.


Some days S isn't a great eater. She wanted a PB&J today, which I was happy to do with her. She only ate about half of it. I thought maybe a bribe of a pickle would help her eat a little more. It didn't really help, but she was SO happy to have it!


S loves to do what I do. I rarely wear an apron, but for some reason did Monday night (and its a good things because I made a HUGE mess). S had to wear one too since Mom had one. We had to take a picture for this fun moment :)

We printed a bunch of pictures that we wanted to fill a wall with. We found this to be a great family night activity. S wanted to help with every part of the process. 


S putting herself in a picture frame :)


with dad


with mom


helping dad hang pictures

S has been really focused on letters lately. We have started learning letters that she hears a lot daily. She has mastered S. She'll find one and say "S, ". As we were sitting in church this morning she found a S in the program and pointed it out to me. She will also do, "T, Taylor" "D, daddy" and "M, Mommy". She will find them in magazines or boxes and tell us what they are. The only one she sometimes mixes up is M for a W when she is doing her ABC puzzle. 


macaroni S project


My grandma (S's great-grandma) had asked us to come help her this week. Her husband passed away back in October and she's already had one knee replacement since then. She needed us to come drive her to her orthopedic doctor to see about having her other knee done as well. Scarlett was a trooper. We sat in a waiting room (with absolutely nothing to do except whatever I brought) for an hour and a half. I didn't pull out an electronic devices until we were past the hour mark. There were no meltdowns...and I seriously counted my blessings!
 

I am trying to just be healthier and make better choices. We went jogging several times this week. It was so nice that the weather was warm enough for us to enjoy some quality time outside together. I did just over 2 miles several days this week. The first day about the time I hit 1.75 miles I said something like "Whew...S. Mom's tired." She turned and looked up at me. She held up a pretzel and said, "Snack mom!" I thought it was so cute that she was so thoughtful. The other two days, I hit about the same spot running...I said something like "Wheewww!" to which she responded, "Mom tired." Then handed me her snacks.  


Time at the park was a must this week. The park was completely empty this day when we were there. S took full advantage and had me do just about everything with her...including the circular silde. FYI, circular slides are made of people about 4 feet, not 5 plus! We had a good laugh together at the bottom. S is a very timid kid. She wanted to go down the "big" slide on my lap,,,which she enjoyed. She decided she wanted to go down by herself the next time. So, I went down first so I could catch her. As soon as I got down she sat, held out her hand and said, "Mom, hand" I showed her that I wasn't tall enough to reach her..which was when she decided she wasn't doing it herself.



"Hi, Mom!" repeatedly as I jogged.


We tried out a new park on the way home from one of our jogs this week. She was a bit scared to try crawling through this tube, but I got her to do it with me.


To me this is a look of pure joy! This swing has a safety chain so I was able to push her higher than I could at the park we often go it. I love the smiles!


Brett's dad had his second knee replacement surgery a little over a week ago. We spent Friday evening having dinner and visiting with him. He got S to sit with him by sharing his cookie with her :)

We decided to tackle a project we had wanted to do for a while on Saturday. Ever since I painted S's room 4-5 years ago I have wanted to do this bathroom the same way. The problem is that our builder painted our ceilings (as well as the walls) tan. So, if you want to paint any room, you really have to paint the ceiling too. We started there, and moved to the walls. We are done with the painting, but not quite done yet. We are putting wainscoting on the bottom. Hopefully we can get it done in the evenings next week.