Sunday, April 19, 2015

4.12.15

I'm behind. Only by two weeks, but it feels like much longer. I started debating if it was worth it going back to do last week. As far as I can remember, I haven't missed a week since S was born...and some were WAY busier than this, so I have no excuse! Here we go. I'll admit that I had to go through my camera log to see what happened two weeks ago. Thankfully it was a week full of pictures!

We started that Sunday with General Conference. We picked up some markers for S that were washable and made her a station on the piano bench covered with butcher paper to be able to have fun coloring while we listened. Overall it proved fairly successful. She is somewhat obsessed with tracing her hands right now...so you can imagine the mess that became with markers. We have had the "tradition" of getting fun treats to share while we watch conference. It's been fine up to this point with Brett and I, but I thought that she might OD on sugar. We told her (and monitored) one at a time, BUT she chose to swallow gummy bears whole to be able to have another one :)


coloring station

She has really loved this dressup. She has gotten it out multiple times asking for help to put it on. She is now to the point that she'll put it on and walk/run around the house saying "Super S". She brings so much happiness!


We celebrated this day from 9 years ago. It's hard to believe that it's already been that long. Brett was released from being the bishop in our ward about a month ago. He had been bishop for over 1/2 of our marriage at this point. We always remember what a cold day that was. We had over 8 inches of snow that day. I remember that day, and thinking how crazy it was that it was snowing. However, since then I am finding it wasn't so crazy. I feel like we have had snow on our anniversary at least half of the time since then. Thankfully this year was much different and we enjoyed the sunshine :)


Lately I have felt like I have gotten in a rut with the things that I cook for dinner. I subscribed to a few cooking magazines recently, and we've all appreciated them! This dinner, in particular, we loved. Each new meal I made Brett raved about. He has been so grateful that I have made the efforts to make the new, yummy meals. This was a tarragon chicken with veggies. We also did a really yummy pasta with tomatoes and spinach, Cuban pork and black bean stew, and a different kind of taco with a red cabbage slaw. It's been nice to feel things getting a bit back to normal :)


S was looking through recipe books with me one day and saw a kid with ice cream on his face. Brett called on his way home and Scarlett kept telling him, "Dad, face...ice cream on it!" We decided to go for a little outing together that night. She was SO glad...and no, she did not even eat 1/2 of that. But that was the smallest size they did so we went with it :)



enjoying ice cream at the fun ice cream shop at Thanksgiving Point

We still haven't finished putting our half bath back together. We need to caulk, wood fill, and paint. In the mean time S is enjoying playing with the toilet paper holder :)


We were super lucky that grandma had a field trip down to our neck of the woods. Her 5th grade class came down to the Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point. We were able to hang out with her most of the time that she was there. We left before she did because S was just done...but we were able to enjoy a lot of things with her before that happened. One of her favorite things that I didn't get a picture of was the huge fish pond that is part of the children's garden there. 


dress ups


being a vet


building blocks with grandma


a teeter-totter :)


Making music outside :)

This kid discovered how to do selfies this week by herself. She kept pushing the button and giggling each time it took a picture! 


She is such a good helper in the kitchen. If Brett or I am making anything she will pull a chair over, climb up on it, and start saying, "Help you! Help you!" She stirred the red cabbage slaw, then pulled out measuring cups and started dishing it up. Yes, it took longer. Yes, it made more of a mess. Yes, I easily could've done it all on my own, but it was all worth it. Do you see how happy it makes her to be a helper?! She brings such light and joy and life!


Our apples tree hasn't produced any apples for the past couple of years. Brett and I were ecstatic to see these blossoms..and there are lots more. Fingers crossed that the late spring snow doesn't ruin everything that has already blossomed...including our nectarine and pear trees :) 


I had an appointment in Pleasant Grove this week, then stopped in Orem to do errands. I can't be that those to Ben and not stop to see him. The store was fairly quiet while we were there, but he had a customer or phone call here or there. S loves Ben, and loves being able to stop by to see him. He is so good with her. If I ever tell her that is where we're going when we get in the car the whole way there I will hear, "Ben...work...Mom! Ben, work!"


We had our anniversary on Monday. We spent time together as a family that evening. We decided to go our Friday night and have a "real date". I'm pretty sure this hasn't happened in the past year...it's been a crazy one, We went out to dinner at Macaroni Grill (thanks to a gift card) and to see Insurgent (also thanks to a gift card). So, we only ended up paying a little here or there and for the baby-sitter. We are lucky to live in an area with such great youth. There is always someone great we can get to watch S while we go out (when that happens) :)


Saturday Brett had chosen to redeem his Christmas gift from me. It was a first flight lesson. We didn't go with him because S had had a rough night and was still sleeping when he needed to leave. He took lots of pictures, but they're on his phone. I'll have to add them later :)