Sunday, April 26, 2015

4.26.15

This kid was the brightness in my week! Don't get me wrong. She definitely has her moments, but I couldn't imagine life without her. She found this cupcake just before dinner Monday night. Monday was the worst. I chose my battles and this was one of them. Yes, she ate a cupcake before dinner and I just didn't fight it. You're only 2 once, right? ;)


"Have some?!"

When grandpa comes to visit he often gets you your favorite things. For S one thing this meant was blueberries. They are one of those things that she has enjoyed for a week. I actually called my dad one day to thank him for how much easier he made my life. Thanks, Dad! You saved the day more than once, in more ways than you know :)


"blueberry!"

We enjoyed a lot of time this week outside. Four days this week we did a minimum of 3 miles each day. S is great in the stroller. She has done even better getting in (because often she wants to walk) if I tell her she can have marshmallows. We were fortunate to be able to go with friends a few days, and one day we met friends at the park. It was SO nice! 


park day with friends

About a month ago when I bought wedding dresses for all the nieces I earned money back at Gymboree. I got to cash it in this week. When S saw it she had to wear it. She was actually wearing it when Brett got home from work one evening. She was excited to show Brett when he got home.


"Like it! Like it!"

One morning was harder than normal around here. On the way back from our walk I found this forget-me-not. We often find them along our walking path, but they also come in bunches. I felt like this one was just placed there for me because it was there growing all alone.


Brett called on his way home from work Friday night. He said we definitely needed a date. There are a few foods I haven't been able to eat recently, so naturally I wanted them even more :) We opted to go out for Indian food. I love how S loves to each a wide variety of foods with us!


"Have some! Like it!"

We got some good rain toward the end of this week. S's church teachers were both moving out this week. We wanted to show them how much we appreciated them. She and I took a picture she made, along with a note, and a jar of homemade jam. We were lucky to avoid most of the rain. 


I love to get pictures of her in everyday moments. She loves German Pancakes. When I got her up one morning I asked her if she wanted some, and she was SO excited. She brought her chair to the counter to help me make them, and then also loved watching them "grow" in the oven. 


"Cooking! Cooking!"

From my days of teaching preschool, I have a massive bucket of "left over" crayons. One day while coloring she burried her hand in the bucket, and suddenly starts asking, "Mom, hand go? Hand go?" This time she wanted me to help her hide her hand in the bucket. What a cutie pie!