Sunday, April 19, 2015

4.19.15

Last week I found a great deal on shoes on Amazon. S is in love with these...as am I. I love little feet in cute little shoes. She has insisted on wearing  these several days this week. 


When Brett came home one evening he wanted to do something fun before dinner. He tossed some jalapeno poppers in the oven. We were surprised that S was such a fan. She took huge bites out of the peppers. Such a cutie pie! 


We had this crazy storm roll in Tuesday night. It started with a very muddy rain. Thankfully the rain got a bit cleaner and the windows were essentially cleaned. Within a few hours it had changed into snow. It stopped at our house during the night, but we got about 6 inches the next day, as it didn't really stop snowing from 8:30-5 at least. Brett and S had a great time out in the snow together. 


muddy rain



fun with dad in the snow

I really enjoy cereal for breakfast, but not the milk left in the bowl after. S has kind of learned that over the past while and now she asks to drink moms milk at breakfast. 


I haven't felt well a good portion of this week, and have spent more time on the couch than not. Scarlett has done really well through it all. She was coloring one day when all of a sudden I hear, "Mom...carpet. Colors on it." It's not a great picture, but you can kind of see. Scarlett colored on the carpet with yellow and blue. It wasn't malicious at all. I asked her how we could fix it, and her response was, "Vacuum it!" I told her we needed to clean it, and she immediately went and grabbed a towel to help.


Nana made breakfast for us on Friday. S decided what mom got to use to eat that morning. For the record, I'm just not a fan of kids plastic forks....and Scarlett is beginning to have the same opinion. Usually at meals she asks for a silver one like mom and dad.


While playing at Nana and Papa's house S went downstairs to the play room to color. On one of her many trips upstairs I hear her say, "Mom! face...green on it!" Sure enough she had green marker on her face. It's washable...thank you Nana! No reaction from mom other than "Can I take your picture?" I love her and all the things she is discovering.


 Grandma and grandpa came to visit this week. They recently returned from a fun trip to North Carolina and Cape Hatteras. While there they got a pretty cool kite. Grandpa brought it down to play with, with S. She was a huge fan, and just loved spending time outside with him!



I had to take a picture of this cutie before church today. Hew cute new blue sandals go with it perfectly. I love the cute new things that you can find for spring. This has to be one of my favorites, especially with the bright yellow :)