Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Week

I had big hopes for things this week, but they just didn't pan out. I really wanted to do things each day to teach Scarlett about the real meaning of Easter...but it just didn't happen. Maybe I should start now so I am ready for next year :)

I picked up this "dress up" up for S last week at a warehouse sale that "Little Adventures DressUps" did. It was only $2 :) She LOVES it.  We went for a walk on family night and she insisted on wearing her dress ups. Someone saw her from their deck and called out to us about how cute she looked in her super hero costume.



We are really lucky to live in such a great neighborhood. For the past 10 years there has been a neighborhood Easter egg hunt that one family puts together. You fill as many eggs as you want hidden in your yard, write "Prize last name" on as many eggs as you want your kids to get prizes for that will be distributed to other neighbors so you kids can go get prizes from them as well. S hasn't been old enough to appreciate it until now. The eggs are all hidden in your yard on Friday night. 

S had a rough night Friday night, so doing an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday morning took a bit longer to get to than we had hoped...but it was SO worth it. She loved finding all of the eggs. We had a lot of fun with her too :) Warning: there are lots of photos of this morning...if you're not interested you may want to skip to the bottom.




I'm not sure it this one.... 


or this is my favorite! I love all her crazy expressions.



Mom and Dad both still in jammies while Scarlett hunts for eggs :)

General Conference with a 2 year old. These markers were well worth it. There were a few times I would say "Ssshhhhh" and she would say it right back to me. It made me smile. She can be such an independent little soul. 


It was my sister, Jessica's, birthday this week...Saturday actually. Cami was down from Idaho to see the other side of the family, and Heather and my mom were gone on vacation. We took advatage of it being a birthday to get together for lunch between sessions of Conference on Saturday. I don't see Cami nearly enough since she moved. Thank goodness for facetime. It's been a saving grace for Scarlett to see her cousins too! Don't you love Jessica's crown? Her boys made it for her...along with a bunch of birthday games. "Mom, isn't this your best birthday ever?!" She has some really sweet boys! 


Lunch at Zaxby's

Thank heavens for a great mother in law who allegedly had the egg dying kit in her cupboard. We didn't get to dying them until Sunday evening, but that didn't bother this kid at all. She seriously is such sunshine to our lives. She is such my little buddy. I honestly couldn't imagine life without this kid. She was an answer to years and years of fasting and praying. We are truly blessed!