Sunday, January 31, 2016

1.31.16

I know there aren't a lot of days left that I am going to be able to see this little girl sleeping so. I honestly have really come to cherish those moments in the middle of the night that she wakes and wants me. To be able to go to her, snuggle her, and just calm her worries soothes my heart. 


Brett was leaving Tuesday to go out of town on business. Brett was having a hard time before he left for work that morning because he just doesn't love to be away from home. S woke after Brett had left and all this little one wanted when she woke was her dad. I thought it was a great excuse to make cookies and take them to dad at his office. S was totally on board :)


licking the paddle


visiting dad's office

We stopped off at a clothing outlet since we were in the neighborhood. When we got home I had S try them on. She immediately went for her crown, but couldn't find it and decided these glasses would work. I texted the picture to Brett and told him I thought she looked like a little grandma. It still makes me laugh to look at...such a cutie!


We had a busy week with lots of friend over, and needed a mom and S outing. We went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity. She loves this place. This picture is a huge deal for her! She is a very timid child and doesn't do things on her own that are outside of her comfort zone. She did this suspended bridge all on her own. I was really proud of her!


Somehow every room in this house that has been painted (minus the half bath) have all happened while Brett has been out of town. He was totally happy to paint the room when he got home, but I really wanted to make the most of our time together. So, I set out to painting while he was gone. It takes SO much more time when there are children in the house. Nap time and bedtime were all filled with painting. I literally ran out of paint with that much of the room left. I was SO bummed. I saran wrapped all of my painting tools and went to buy more paint so I could start again after she went to bed. I was able to finish things up by Thursday morning (big thanks to a friend who offered to watch her while I finished things off).


just a little left to go

We were out of a lot of fresh things so we made a quick trip out to Costco. She insisted on helping me push the cart. She was happy and entertained...really, what else matters?!


I was able to reserve tickets to the Provo City Center open house for our family and Brett's parents. Brett's dad has had some health issues and hasn't gotten out a lot. I knew his mom wouldn't be able to take him, but really felt that we should at least offer. I'm so glad they accepted! 


our car ride there with Nana


waiting in line with these great people


Papa showing S things out the window

We spent Saturday morning looking for a bunk bed for S. She just had a great time trying out all the small people furniture. We went to 5 different stores and she was happy the whole time! We ended up finding one we wanted, but didn't get it picked up because it wasn't at our last stop and S really needed a nap. We're hoping it will happen on Monday. 


It had been a really long week, and I really needed a date night. We (all 3 of us) had tickets to a  basketball game, but it didn't start until 8 (which I didn't realize). That was WAY too late for S to be up considering she didn't nap for 4 days. I had a VERY kind sister in law who offered to come, play with S until bedtime, then she could just work on her school work at our house. I totally took her up on the offer and was SO grateful to have a night out with Brett. I didn't get any pictures at the game, but did grab one of the beautiful snow covered trees on our way in. It had snowed a lot that day and it was so pretty!


And...for our weekly Sunday family picture. S had fun letting me take her picture before Brett came down. 


Oh, that face! She was a wiggly one...thus the blur for Brett...oops!


And our family...hooray for camera timers! We could use a selfie stick...but it's really the same idea. Glad she decided to be happy for our family picture. There may or may not have been some bribery involved!