Sunday, November 25, 2012

the day after

I honestly feel like the day after Thanksgiving is a wasted work day. Brett's company lets them use vacation time if they would like it off. He would have liked it off, but he (and a few others on the project) had a Monday 8 am deadline. So, I dropped him off for work, hit up the new outlet stores (lots of fun, cute places), then finished up with some online Christmas shopping.

Brett only worked until 1, then we headed to a lunch with all my extended family. It was so good for so many of us to be together. There were relatives I hadn't seen in years (and we are only talking my grandparents and their posterity). There were people that Brett had never met. We helped with set up, ate a great meal together, and enjoyed visiting for a while.

On the way home that evening Brett and I decided to go see The Rise of the Guardians. We really hadn't heard much about it. We barely made it to the theater by show time, then waited 45 minutes while the theater tried to get the projector to work....it failed and lots of people were unhappy. There was another showing in a theater they owned close by that we were able to get into :) It was a fantastic way to end our day, and a movie we would both recommend. I loved the little lessons it taught. As we were leaving I told Brett is made my heart happy....just what we needed!