Tuesday, January 19, 2016

1.17.16

We started this week out with piano lessons. It was a rough go. Someone decided not to nap, and had huge fits because I wouldn't let her use scissors without me by her. It was a day that could have easily ended at noon. Ugh! Looking back though I had to be grateful that I captured this moment that day. She insisted that she play "Child of God" on the piano and that I open up the song book for her to do it.



We had her well child check this week as well. It went well. She is totally on track for everything. Sometimes its hard to get her to brush her teeth, but I told her that the doctor needed her to...and that was enough. Hopefully it'll continue to be :)



I went to visit teach a friend this week. Her daughter and S are less than 3 weeks apart. They have really gotten to be good friends. It was suddenly very quiet and the girls were in her friend's room. That should've been our first clue. Holy Moly. Massive amounts of coloring all over the walls. Plus, on themselves. She made herself look like a cat...I'm not sure how she pulled that off. She totally took it in stride, and the girls both helped to clean it all up. Thankfully we haven't had a redo.

A friend recently had a baby and I know how exhausting that is (at least the no sleep part)...especially during the winter when you can't take the baby out because of RSV. We have tried to have outings or have her over weekly so her mom could get a little break. These girls have so much fun together. The great thing about having friends over is that they rediscover toys they haven't played with in a while, plus there is a little play buddy.They were both in dress ups for about 3 hours. It was pretty cute!


We spent a good chunk of one morning just painting. She looked at me at one point and said, "I paint a pretty picture for daddy." She worked and worked. She added lots of different colors. We just put on some fun music and had a great time!



For Christmas Brett gave me a "certificate" to go dress shopping with him. We were all sick for a bit after Christmas, so it has taken me a bit of time to feel up to this outing. 


Anyway, I thought Friday would be a great night to do it so we headed to a local mall. After we found the dress I left Brett to pay and asked him if he was ok if I ran to another store in the mall to see if by some off chance Brad (S's birthdad's dad) was working. We were SO lucky! His wife also stopped by while we were there. We visited for at least 20 minutes, and he learned that S loves "Inside Out" so he got his for her. She was so excited the next morning when she came down stairs for breakfast. I had taken them out of the packaging and had them out on the table. She pure squeals of delight were fantastic!


I am hoping to get these weekly Sunday pictures...the one day that we are all ready at some point in the day for sure :) Some pictures I get of her are the normal happy kids shots, others are a weird smile...I guess that's just the stage that we're at!