Sunday, January 3, 2016

Last Week of 2015

This has been a bit of a rough week. I got sick a bit before Christmas and I'm still not over it...and that made it take me longer than it out to have to get gifts together for friends.

A few things from this week:

We started taking Christmas down on New Year's Eve during the morning. I had to have fun with it while I could! We took a break at lunch and went to a fun little cafe'.



They have these pretty great rice krispie treats. I told S they were as big as her head...and she was thrilled.


We had a bit of a late night together. There's no way S would've lasted until midnight...heck, we didn't :)

However, fireworks started before 7:00. S was not thrilled. They were big and loud. We turned on a family movie together. When we went to put her to bed she heard them and was quite distraught by them...she hates loud noises. She said prayers that she wouldn't be scared of the loud noises any more. Shortly after that the fireworks stopped...at least long enough for her to be able to go to sleep. She told me the next morning about her prayers and how Heavenly Father helped the fireworks to stop and she wasn't scared any more. 

We had sparklers to celebrate the new year that a friend gave us and we didn't get to them on New Year's Eve so we did them New Year's Day. S loved them!



I just found these gems. I love how she is so expressive! Those eyes...and the things she does with those eye brows! I love this girl!




Today probably one of my favorite things happened. I picked S up from nursery. Her teacher told me she took out a picture of the temple their lesson. She told me that she asked what it was a picture of, and S's response was "It's the temple! Mom and Dad and S are sealed together. We are a family forever!" It warmed my heart. Seriously. We are doing something right. Somedays I doubt what actually gets through to her, and others I am completely amazed what she knows and teaches us too.