Monday, January 4, 2016

Not the Normal Post

As this week as approached I have done a lot of reflecting. This precious little girl became a blessing to our family and the most selfless gift a person could give to another nearly 3 years ago.


This kid has spunk, personality, a hugely contagious giggle, and more love and empathy than I would ever expect from a nearly 3 year old. 

Today at nap time she chose her book and brought it to me. I was apprehensive. I'm not sure the last time I read it to her, but we've (Brett and I) been reflecting about our family, growing our family, starting this process 2 years ago with so little progress, going through IVF, having that hope and dream...getting positive results, then losing them. If she is the only baby I ever have I want to savor every moment of everyday with her. Which brings me to her book selection. This afternoon it was I Love You Forever. Let's just say that it's a good thing she was sitting on my lap. I cried as I read her each page. This is a book we gave her birth-mom at placement, which I think makes it mean even more to us. 

I have savored those moments I have been able to be up with her in the middle of the night and just snuggled her when she hasn't been able to sleep. 

I love sitting with her and listening to her talk.

I love her giggles. I giggle with her.

I am trying to be more present in her life...it's a hard balance. Play dress ups, color, learn letters, sing songs, dance, cook, clean, laundry... The list is really endless. 

Life is SO good with her. She makes our life complete.