Thursday, January 7, 2016

She's 3!

Seriously. Where has the time gone?! I can't believe that she is 3 today! I stole portions of this questionnaire from a friend's blog. It was really fun to hear the answers that she came up with :) 




What did you like best about being two? growing bigger bigger and kicking
What are you most excited about being three? I get to play with dad, jolly carol fa la la la la la la (singing to Deck the Halls)
Tell me, what is your favorite food? pasgetti
What's your least favorite food? onions cause they're not yummy to me  
What about your favorite treat? carmel cause they're my favorite! and this, kitty kat (aka kit kat)
Who is your favorite princess? Snow White cause her my favorite cause she's mine!
What do you like about her? I twirl in that Snow White (pointing to her Snow White dress up)
What's your favorite color? green
What is your favorite book? Peek-a-boo
What are your favorite things to play with? my stroller and my blocks
What show would you choose to watch? Christmas show
And which friend would you invite over? Emma, Annabelle, Solly, Claire
And which game would you choose to play? Don't Breaking Ice
What's your favorite song? ABC
What's your favorite holiday? Christmas
What's your favorite animal? a dog...just Meg...not the big loudy one...just Meg
And your favorite movie? Inside Out, I do love Inside Out...Joy, Sadness, Disgusty, ANGER!
Tell me five things that you are really good at: picking flowers...all the time and place, letters, making colors, jumping, twirl and sing
What makes you happy? daddy makes me happy, cupcakes make me happy
What makes you sad? not get my keys back because I hit and daddy take them away from me
What are you scared of? lions, doors...knock knocks, fireworks popped
What do you think about before you fall asleep? dressups and my kitty kat
Thanks for answering me questions! Welcome! 

I love this girl SO much! A few things that I want to remember about her at this age:
-She loves dress ups. She'll put them on and dance around the house. She'll ask us to dance around with her too.

-She loves letters! Anytime she sees them she tells us what they are. This morning she talked about the letters in the "Happy Birthday" banner. She pointed at it and said, "It says Happy Birthday to S!" She wants so much to be able to read, and will point and words in books or else where and "tell us" what it says.

-She loves to sing songs. She will walk around the house singing, or sing as we go places in the car.

-She speaks in complete sentences. I love how recently she will take my face in her hands, get really close to me, saying, "Mom, I tell you something." Then she turns my head to the side, pushes my hair out of the way, puts her lips right by my ear, and whispers something to me. It has been anything from "Please carry me downstairs." to "I love you so much" to "Mom, you're my friend!"

-She has the sweetest soul. She is always concerned for people who are having a hard time. As I read her a message from Crystal (her birth mom) this morning I started crying...my heart was just so full. She was instantly concerned that I was sad and needed a hug. She is so in-tune with people, their emotions, and how to help them feel better. I love that she has such empathy as such a young age.

-She loves music. She likes to make it herself or to listen to it. She can identify songs within the first couple of measures, and will start singing the measures that follow. I played her something in the music station at the museum today and she started singing right along.

-She is very tender hearted. I walked in to her room to get her up the other morning, and she was holding "daddy bear" cradled like a baby and singing, "I love you forever, I like you for always, As long as I'm living, My baby you'll be." She has come up to me at night time requesting I do the same thing to her.